Question cpu cooling

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
I want to upgrade my pc and about CPU I have chosen core i7 8700k. what is best cooling system for it? do I need any liquid cooling system or not? but wait, I want my CPU temperature always taken down to 40-45 degree. now what is your suggestion ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: CompuTronix

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
If were still talking about the 8700K, it depends on whether you want the air or liquid cooling route, and the sizes your case can support.
actually in my opinion liquid one is better but I wnat to know is it needed to pay more for such a thing or not and instead I can use air cooling one. and about case space I'm not sure but I think my case has enough space
it's size is 19cm-41cm-48 cm

Last edited:

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
There's better options available for significantly cheaper: Ryzen 3600 & 3600X.
yes you're right but intel is more important for me because my most usage of pc is working with adobe software specially premiere pro and after effects and I heard that they can be more efficient in rendering and processing with intel cpu products.

The 8700k is known to run warm. But any of the high tier air coolers should handle it. As well as any 240mm+ aio.

Nhd15, dark rock pro 4. Both excellent air coolers. Just realize with either or those, or most aios, the temps will not be anywhere close to what you expect. They will probably be 60+ in gaming scenarios and 70+ in high load renders.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
liquid one is better
Liquid is only better in specific scenarios. Air is superior up until the 300w or more range, where it drops off completely, because there isn't one around that can compete with liquid there.
AIOs:
-can leak(less than 10% chance), thus can ruin hardware
-the pumps are not eternal: after some 3-5 years you have to replace the ENTIRE unit
-fans are fans, they only last so long.
-are just overall more expensive compared to the air cooler counterpart
+no competition for cooling today's HEDT cpus

Air coolers:
-fans are fans, they only last so long
-can't handle the majority of today's HEDT cpus
+heatsink lasts a lifetime
+doesn't leak, nor does it have a finite pump
+more affordable

Too many people are drawn in by the aesthetics of these things to realize just how niche they really are: performance for the high core count cpus.
Don't want a big ol' metal block sitting over your cpu? Well all an AIO does is relocate that block to a less noticeable part of the case of your choosing.

I think my case has enough space
it's size is 19cm-41cm-48 cm
That's not what I'm asking for. Whether in the manual, or the online product page, the case should have a specification for:
Cpu cooler clearance
Supported radiator sizes for each side of the case

yes you're right but intel is more important for me because my most usage of pc is working with adobe software specially premiere pro and after effects and I heard that they can be more efficient in rendering and processing with intel cpu products.
I wouldn't be so sure about that:
View: https://youtu.be/7AbNeht4tAE?t=1042

[Video is from July 7th: I have it starting on the production test runs.]