[SOLVED] CPU core speed stuck at 0.78ghz on Lenovo G510 ?

Jan 17, 2022
Good day, everyone!

I recently upgraded the CPU on my Lenovo G510 from i5-4310M to i7-4810MQ to improve performance, but I noticed a strange problem where my CPU clock speed was stuck at 0.78ghz. I tried ThrottleStop and was able to unlock my CPU's full potential speed (3.80ghz) by unchecking the BD PROCHOT option, but the problem is that whenever I reboot my laptop, my CPU clock speed reverts to 0.78ghz.

I have an unlocked InsydeH20 3.7 BIOS and didn't understand much of the available overclocking and power options, is there any way I can repair this problem from the BIOS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Good day, everyone!

I recently upgraded the CPU on my Lenovo G510 from i5-4310M to i7-4810MQ to improve performance, but I noticed a strange problem where my CPU clock speed was stuck at 0.78ghz. I tried ThrottleStop and was able to unlock my CPU's full potential speed (3.80ghz) by unchecking the BD PROCHOT option, but the problem is that whenever I reboot my laptop, my CPU clock speed reverts to 0.78ghz.

I have an unlocked InsydeH20 3.7 BIOS and didn't understand much of the available overclocking and power options, is there any way I can repair this problem from the BIOS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually disabled the BD PROCHOT setting from the BIOS by going to Advanced > Thermal Configuration > CPU...
Jan 17, 2022
Good day, everyone!

I actually disabled the BD PROCHOT setting from the BIOS by going to Advanced > Thermal Configuration > CPU Thermal Configuration and deactivating the Bi-Directional PROCHOT# option.

Note: To do so, you'll need an unlocked BIOS.

Solution