Question CPU debug light has suddenly come on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2023
Hello, so 2 months ago I built a pc. all going well and it worked good. A week ago i turned on the pc and the CPU debug LED turns on, and there's no POST at all. I tried to reseat the CPU but that did nothing. I use 1 stick of ram in all slots and still nothing. I sent the motherboard and the CPU for repair but they told me they are fine and work well.
But for me it still doesn't work, the CPU debug light still turns on. I don't know what to do. I need help. Thanks a lot.

Mar 13, 2023
Sounds like your power supply is knackered, are you able to try another power supply?

I have the psu from my previous computer 750w but its 6 yearls old. Im a bit scared to try. When i try to open the system the psu work well my motherbord getting power normaly and my ram too. And my psu react fine he spining for 1 or 2 seconds and stops. Becuase he function like that. Thats rm850x. I mean i think he is fine. Should i try another psu from 6 years old?

I have the psu from my previous computer 750w but its 6 yearls old. Im a bit scared to try. When i try to open the system the psu work well my motherbord getting power normaly and my ram too. And my psu react fine he spining for 1 or 2 seconds and stops. Becuase he function like that. Thats rm850x. I mean i think he is fine. Should i try another psu from 6 years old?
Yes. Assuming your old PSU was working the last time you used it, try it. I seriously doubt it could cause damage

Mar 13, 2023
Yes. Assuming your old PSU was working the last time you used it, try it. I seriously doubt it could cause damage

I see, i will try it.
But there anything i miss? for the cpu debug light to come on? After 2 months of working properly. And they told me that my motherboard and cpu works well. I really dont know what happends.

Mar 13, 2023
When you sent your motherboard and CPU for repair, did you also send your RAM? How confident are you about whoever you sent your motherboard and CPU for repair?

The ram i dont send to repair because i have 2 ram sticks and they get power and turn on the led. I know that it could be it but 2 ram stick 1 by one dont works at all ram slots after clearing cmos. Thats wired. The motherboard and cpu retailers are the biggest in my country but the cpu repair tells me just i have a post. And i do not belive him thats much. But cpu thats so reliable i cant belive its broked after 2 months of working very good. Suddenly its happed without im moving anything. The motherboard company however i do tend to belive after 2 weeks they told me they have a post and update the bios for me. I mean i tend to belive it.

The ram i dont send to repair because i have 2 ram sticks and they get power and turn on the led.
Turning on the led doesn't really mean they are working properly.
  1. Clear CMOS (please read how to do this properly).
  2. Install 1 stick of RAM.
  3. Try to boot.

If this doesn't work, try the other stick of ram, repeating the above process.

If this doesn't work, maybe try reinstalling your BIOS.

Your motherboard has
  • Q-Flash Plus: Update BIOS Without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
Link to your Motherboard's Webpage

Mar 13, 2023
Turning on the led doesn't really mean they are working properly.
  1. Clear CMOS (please read how to do this properly).
  2. Install 1 stick of RAM.
  3. Try to boot.
If this doesn't work, try the other stick of ram, repeating the above process.

If this doesn't work, maybe try reinstalling your BIOS.

Your motherboard has
  • Q-Flash Plus: Update BIOS Without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
Link to your Motherboard's Webpage

I tried all you said above. When i send the motherboard back to the company they update the bios. And still dont work.
The q flash dont work too. I really dont know what to say. Its just came suddenly. And my computer works well for 2 monthes. They said that the motherboard and the cpu are fine. The ram sticks got fualty? The psu really works fine i tried both psu

Mar 13, 2023
Have you gone through this?

yes i do all of that. but the speaker. it remain silence all the time i put that in the new pc. the previus pc the speaker works well. but in the new one it keep stay in silence.
i read the post. maybe is the ram really?
but why 2 of them dont work?
maybe its dead memory channel on the cpu side? and because of that its light to cpu debug?
but i dont know they told me the cpu post and runs well. i really dont know ive tried anything.
i clears cmos take the battery off. play with the ram sticks. and build that in open environment with only 8 pin and 24 pin. motherboard. cpu and cpu cooler and 1 ram stick at the time.
and still nothing. maybe its really the ram? thats the only way or they lie about the cou. becuase my motherboard turn on the cpu debug light. i dont know its hard.
thanks a lot for the help.

Reactions: Ethan5208
Status
Not open for further replies.