Question CPU disconnects and reconnects ?

Phil_R

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
ok so 2 months ago i changed out my cpu cooler (Hydro Series H100x High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler) to a newer one (h100i elite capellix liquid cooler). It worked great till the other day. it seems to lose power every so often, like all lights shut off on it (pc Makes that noise of a device disconnecting and reconnecting) then turns back on in the stock color pattern after second it switches to my preset color. i guess im wondering if anyone has had this problem and know of a fix. only thing i can think of is its not getting enough power but wouldnt that of happened from the first day i installed it? Anyways any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
Did you uninstall / reinstall Icue with the new cooler ?
If not use the icue installer and chose uninstall. IF it asks if you want to remove the config files chose yes.
Then shut down / reboot and then reinstall Icue.

If it is still doing the same thing go into the icue and look for firmware update.
You may need to use force option.

If you are on win 10 go into power options from control panel.
Go into change plan / settings and look for usb settings
Disable Selective suspend if it is enabled.

Can also try changing the 9 pin wire to a different 9 pin header.

If none of that works I have had to once unplug the 9 pin from it's header while the pc is up and running and swap to the other header which for a unexplained reason worked.

If none of that works contact Corsair Support.

Good Luck
Have A Great Weekend!!!!!

NaClKnight

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
ok so 2 months ago i changed out my cpu cooler (Hydro Series H100x High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler) to a newer one (h100i elite capellix liquid cooler). It worked great till the other day. it seems to lose power every so often, like all lights shut off on it (pc Makes that noise of a device disconnecting and reconnecting) then turns back on in the stock color pattern after second it switches to my preset color. i guess im wondering if anyone has had this problem and know of a fix. only thing i can think of is its not getting enough power but wouldnt that of happened from the first day i installed it? Anyways any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This 100% sounds like the USB header is getting disconnected and reconnected, either physically or electronically. As mentioned above, try firmware upgrades (of iCUE, your cooler, and your motherboard's chipset drivers) and if you have any other 9 pin USB header on your MB I would try that instead