CPU E7500 - RAM compatibility

phillip8622

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Hey guys i just bought a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 and plugged it in guess what?? it didn't work...

soo i plugged back my old one and it worked again...[just to see if i screwed anything up..]

Anyways i went back to store and said it was faulty //they tested it..and guess whatt..?? it worked!!!!...

soooo now i am baffled...

My settings in my computer are correct but my computer will not turn on..[By that, it is nothing on the screen though power is on.]...

soo i asked around and someone mentioned that my RAM may not be compatible with my CPU but when i checked online it seems that it doesn't matter what RAM you use..

ohh i'm using DDR2 RAM not sure on the Ghz...

someone helppp mee....

thnx

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
That statement is false. Just because you have a socket 775 board does not mean it will run all the socket 775 cpus.

As stated update your BIOS with your old cpu in the system and it should post afterwards.

xaira

Distinguished
if you wernt a youngster id give you a hard time,

i posted a link to the cpu support list for his board which shows that his cpu is supported, i then went oon to state that the memory controller for lga775 is not on the die, but on the northbridge, so the cpu used can not affect memory compatibility

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007

I know. I seen the link.

But to your quote I figured the ram was most likely what you meant. But your original post said "the memory controller for socket 775 is on the nb so it doesn't matter what cpu you use" Which is different from " the memory controller for lga775 is not on the die, but on the northbridge, so the cpu used can not affect memory compatibility" which is true. All I was saying was the line was not true. Old p4 socket 775's boards do not run core2s. Some boards than ran the orginal core2s dont support wolfdales/yorkfields and so on.

phillip8622

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Thanks guys for your help./..

Now i did upgrade the bios through the 'MSI live monitor' and it did seem to work..

but then it screwed up again with the new CPU...

So i turn on my computer...and now the screen comes up [THANKS!!]

but it will not load windows... at first it said something bout a missing file in windows so i restarted with my windows CD to repair it but it will not fully load the windows repair thingy..u know blue screen??

anyways.. now i am baffled again..because... i know nothing this advanced about computers....

regards,,

qams

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
May be some loosing is present in the LGA 775 Socket, Bcoz MSI motherboard's Socket are not very rugged (I compared it with Gigaybyte). So look for any Pin damage or loosing.