Jun 2, 2020
Hi,
So I recently bought a new motherboard for my old PC ( i3 2130 , 4GB 1600mhz skhynix DDR3 RAM, 500gb 7200rpm HDD, Zebronics ZEB H61 motherboard), this was a prebuilt PC from dell (inspiron 660s) however the original motherboard failed and also the power supply failed, so I had to get a new motherboard and power supply.
After I installed everything I was into the system and everything is still working fine, it performs just like it should. The idle temps are around 30-40C because even the room temp is above 35C here in my country.
None of it is a problem.
The problem is my CPU fan, from the moment I press the power on button till I shut the PC down, the CPU fan keeps on running at full speed like a jet engine, making it super irritating for me to keep the PC on.
I tried looking into the BIOS for fan speed control but there is no Hardware info/ fan control etc. options in the BIOS. I tried using SpeedFan, but no fan shows up in there.

How should I make this fan to run at a low rpm when there is no load, so that I do not get annoyed lol. How to control this damn thing? Where is the problem?

I am attaching the screenshots of all the BIOS screens below for your reference. Please help me out.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/yCFKrUv

Maybe you misplaced the fans....
You connected the CPU fan to different header on the motherboard (and case fan to the CPU header).
Check if your CPU FAN is connected to CPU FAN Header...
20160807_204151.thumb.jpg.c658b48415db38ece021aba6a0bc557e.jpg

It should be labeled CPU_FAN (or smg like that), not sys fan.

Jun 2, 2020
Maybe you misplaced the fans....
You connected the CPU fan to different header on the motherboard (and case fan to the CPU header).
Check if your CPU FAN is connected to CPU FAN Header...
20160807_204151.thumb.jpg.c658b48415db38ece021aba6a0bc557e.jpg

It should be labeled CPU_FAN (or smg like that), not sys fan.
I have checked that twice by now. It is connected to the CPU fan header only.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi,
So I recently bought a new motherboard for my old PC ( i3 2130 , 4GB 1600mhz skhynix DDR3 RAM, 500gb 7200rpm HDD, Zebronics ZEB H61 motherboard), this was a prebuilt PC from dell (inspiron 660s) however the original motherboard failed and also the power supply failed, so I had to get a new motherboard and power supply.
After I installed everything I was into the system and everything is still working fine, it performs just like it should. The idle temps are around 30-40C because even the room temp is above 35C here in my country.
None of it is a problem.
The problem is my CPU fan, from the moment I press the power on button till I shut the PC down, the CPU fan keeps on running at full speed like a jet engine, making it super irritating for me to keep the PC on.
I tried looking into the BIOS for fan speed control but there is no Hardware info/ fan control etc. options in the BIOS. I tried using SpeedFan, but no fan shows up in there.

How should I make this fan to run at a low rpm when there is no load, so that I do not get annoyed lol. How to control this damn thing? Where is the problem?

I am attaching the screenshots of all the BIOS screens below for your reference. Please help me out.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/yCFKrUv
A quite obvious question but have you checked if the new motherboard has any bios updates? Despite it being a little outdated, you might have gotten a board with the original bios instead of an updated one, also are you using a stock cooler? Is it 3 or 4 pin fan headers? Sometimes on older boards 3 pin headers don't have a RPM controller so it run on max all the time (Why older PCs sound loud asf for no reason).

Oct 11, 2021
Hey i know this post is quite old and you may not see this reply ever but if you do did you fix this problem by any chance because i have the same issue?