Question CPU going up to 100 heat while playing game and cant figure out why.

Y.D

Oct 10, 2021
Hi everyone

i built a pc and using that for adobe premiere and its working fine. recently I have bought 2 games, RDR2 and Microsoft flight simulator.
when i start the game, decided to open MSI afterburner and monitor the CPU heat also, and got surprised, its always between 95-100c while playing games. when im in adobe premiere it never goes beyond 70c
I need your help guys, cant figure out what is the issue.

here is the specs of my pc:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Cooling MSI Coreliquid 240r
GPU MSI GeForce 3060 Gaming X 12G GDDR6 Graphics Card

Here is the link of the screenshots.
cpu usage was only 17% but 100c heat
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g5SbuD0FRyqbAiWpZsFqffSSGSDBtXx-?usp=sharing

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What is the chassis?
Where is the cooler mounted?
How long have you had it?
Probably better to just post an imgur.com image of the inside - please remove the side panel so it doesn't reflect anything.

The Coreliquid R has the pump in the radiator - that little black cube. You should avoid having that cube at the top, or near the top of the loop.
Because a pump getting exposed to air is no good. It's also a quick way to kill one.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You have an all exhaust system.
For reference, see this:
iu

I strongly suggest testing the following:
Remove the 3 side fans, and mount the radiator there instead, but position it like this:
iu

Don't position it this way though:
iu

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Welp, guess this cooler's busted... or to be more precise, the impeller's come loose from its chamber..?

One more thing before writing it off: Is there any give, or wiggle room, if you push down on the cpu block?
How about the cooler's backplate?
There shouldn't be any wiggle room from either.

Y.D

Oct 10, 2021
Hi again,

I tried many different ways. but it didn't work. so decided to get a new cooling system. its working fine now its just between 50-55
but thanks you so much for your prompt replies

Nov 19, 2021
Hi again,

I tried many different ways. but it didn't work. so decided to get a new cooling system. its working fine now its just between 50-55
but thanks you so much for your prompt replies
Hey, uh I'm having the same problem with the MSI CoreLiquid. May I ask what cooler have you bought? Thanks.