[SOLVED] CPU I5-13600K + asus ROG strix B660-f gaming wifi + Kingston FURY BEAST RGB 2x8GB DDR5 not working together

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
Hello,
reacently I bought asus ROG strix B660-f gaming wifi, and intel I5-13600K and memory's Kingston FURY BEAST RGB 2x8GB DDR5 5600MHz CL40,
I tried to start the PC but I got black screen so I understand after google that I need to update the motherboard, So did I from Asus webSite, and I managed to turn on PC once,
Then I changed the CPU to I7-12700K, and walla everything worked well, So I changed back to the I5, and still worked, then I install the windows 11 and just after this, I shut down the PC and start it back, and again, yellow light on the motherboard.
So I changed even the memorys to other ones that Asus recomended and yet..yellow light ,
What else can be?
Thank you

Solution
Yellow light is DRAM (Memory).

Which slots do you have the memory installed in?

When you changed memory did you disconnect power from the back of the PSU by unplugging it from the wall or switching off the switch on the back of the PSU, then removing the CMOS battery for several minutes, then putting the CMOS battery back in, plugging the unit back in and then powering back on?
Could be:

Bent pins on the motherboard CPU socket.

Problem with the CPU, since the lanes for M.2_1 come from the CPU and the lanes for the other M.2 slots comes from the chipset.

Problem with the motherboard between the CPU and the M.2_1 slot.

Problem with the M.2_1 slot itself or drive not properly seated, debris in teeth on slot or bent pins in slot.

Board not kicking down to PCIe 3.0 mode for that PCIe 3.0 drive since the M.2 slot itself is PCIe 4.0, don't know why it wouldn't but I've seen weird things happen.

I mean, if it works, that's great, but if there is any part of the board that isn't working the way it should I'd want to make sure of what it is and that it's not something that's going to become a bigger problem later on. Motherboard issues usually don't just stay limited to one thing. When there is a problem it is usually a good idea to get it replaced while it is under warranty instead of waiting until the problem becomes bigger later and you can't get it replaced.

No, that's not what it says. The BOARD is a B660 chipset model, there wouldn't be an M.2_1 slot on there if it couldn't be used with the B660 chipset since THAT IS WHAT THE BOARD IS. LOL. There is something else going on. Do you have other add in cards installed besides graphics card?

What are your FULL hardware specifications? Thought I asked this previously but I don't see them listed anywhere.

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
So no graphic cards..
hardware specifications are:
Intel Core i5 13600K 3.5GHz 24MB Cache s1700 – Tray
ASUS ROG Strix B660-F Gaming WiFi LGA1700 Intel B660 DDR5
Kingston FURY BEAST RGB 2x8GB DDR5 5600MHz CL40
Asus DVD
Noctua NH-U12S REDUX
Seasonic S12II 620 SS-620GB 620W 80+ Bronze
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 MZ-V7S1T0BW 1TB SSD
SAMSUNG HD253GJ 250GB
Western digital WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 1TB
Kingston SHFS37A/240G 240GB

So, there is absolutely no reason that drive should not be working on the M.2_1 slot. There can't even be a lane problem because there isn't even a graphics card installed, and shouldn't be even if there was. The only reasons I can think would legitimately cause this are a faulty board or bent pins, which is still a faulty board.

I wouldn't think so, but again, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. What shop? Do you mean store? I mean, if you buy the parts and they aren't already assembled, then yes, you should be able to see bent pins on the motherboard or CPU if you are going to assemble it yourself.

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
I wouldn't think so, but again, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. What shop? Do you mean store? I mean, if you buy the parts and they aren't already assembled, then yes, you should be able to see bent pins on the motherboard or CPU if you are going to assemble it yourself.
Yes store,
I didn't saw any bend pins or so, even now nothing is bend, and nothing that can point this on the manual, so what was left is the thing that it's fault I guess