razvanth21

Commendable
Aug 30, 2018
Hello.

So, my 2600k's idle temperatures are in the high 30s - low 40s (more frequently in the low 40s) celsius degrees. My ambient temperature is ~25-27 celsius degrees.
I'm using:
  • Intel Core i7 2600k @ stock clock
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (40% fan speed)
  • Arctic Silver 5
  • 3 intake fans in front of the case and one outtake fan in the back (if I just turn them off idle temps never go below 40 degrees)
Are these temperatures ok for idle for the stock speed? I remounted the cooler and I can tell it's correctly mounted. My temps are ~70 celsius degrees while gaming. I've never seen the temps go higher than 70 or 75, so I guess it's okay here. I didn't do any undervolting on the CPU.
I was expecting better from this cooler at least while in idle.
Thanks!

razvanth21

Commendable
Aug 30, 2018
idle temps mean nothing. if you crank up the fan speed temps will go down, but what's the point really. 30s-40s aren't even particularly bad idle temps but within what I'd expect.
Yup, I know those don't actually mean nothing, but I was asking why is this happening? There are also spikes from mid 30s to mid 40s but I've seen on videos that these things don't happen to others. Strange. Could be because of the mounting of the cooler? Thanks