[SOLVED] cpu idle temps between 70-90 degrees

jetwhite

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Hello there its bin a while sins iv had a problem i couldnt solve myself so thats why im here hoping someone can help.

first off ill post my specs

gigabyte motherboard x299ud4

gtx1080ti

16gb ram corsair

3 ssd's

intel i7 7800x

win10 pro 64bit

and an asus monitor+dell monitor

so as the tittle suggest my temps are not normal and before u ask i checked the temps with multiple programs CAM,hwmonitor,effe and i also checked the temps trough the bios and it all said the same(bios temps wher 95 constant)

so after i dint know what was causin it i took my pc to a computer store who specializes in this stuff and after a couple of days they called me and said there was nothing wrong everything works fine 30degrees idle and 50 under load ...so i took my pc to my parents house and there same 30 degrees idle 50-55 load so im very confused at what is causing in my house note that everything has bin renovated so not sure if its even possible that there's faulty wires .

so if anyone knows something that can help please let me know,thank u for reading this thread and have a nice day.

Solution
Is one of those reported fan rpms actually the pump rpm? If so, you should have it set to 100%.

Another way to check that the liquid is being moved rather than just relying on the software:
While the system is running, feel the cpu block, both tubes, and the radiator. All should feel fairly warm to the touch, save for the return to pump tube, which will be cooler than the other 3.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Seeing the mention of CAM, you must be using a hybrid cooler.
I am currently suspecting a clog in the cooler.

so after i dint know what was causin it i took my pc to a computer store who specializes in this stuff and after a couple of days they called me and said there was nothing wrong everything works fine 30degrees idle and 50 under load ...so i took my pc to my parents house and there same 30 degrees idle 50-55 load so im very confused at what is causing in my house note that everything has bin renovated so not sure if its even possible that there's faulty wires .
In the process of transporting the cooler, whatever was causing the blockage was dislodged. It will happen again later; it's one of 2 things that inevitably plague hybrid coolers, with the other being pump failure.

jetwhite

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Seeing the mention of CAM, you must be using a hybrid cooler.
I am currently suspecting a clog in the cooler.

In the process of transporting the cooler, whatever was causing the blockage was dislodged. It will happen again later; it's one of 2 things that inevitably plague hybrid coolers, with the other being pump failure.

Quick update so iv cleaned out the cooler with the compressed aircan also the thermal paste has bin redone and still no change iv checked the pump and its still working as it should i also took pictures so u can see that the pump rpm and fans rpm are working. I will post it in a second post sins i cant upload it directly from my phone

jetwhite

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
ckRgTam.jpg

ssUXubU.jpg

W2CXD2F.jpg

k0lAQ1J.jpg

so here are some pictures of my problem,hope it can help

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is one of those reported fan rpms actually the pump rpm? If so, you should have it set to 100%.

Another way to check that the liquid is being moved rather than just relying on the software:
While the system is running, feel the cpu block, both tubes, and the radiator. All should feel fairly warm to the touch, save for the return to pump tube, which will be cooler than the other 3.

Solution

jetwhite

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012

thank u for awnsering and yes i did exactly that so one tube feels fairly warm and the other one feels cold i also put my desktop on its side but nothing changed :/ also when i put the desktop back straight up when i started the pc i could hear water pooring inside the block so i guess it works? and yet still 90 degrees

could it be that the power it recieves from the outlets is to mutch or to little and what kind of effects would this have because im thinking it might be something in that area not sure tough.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How old is the unit, and how do you have it mounted in the chassis?
Liquid does permeate the tubing over time, and if you have the radiator mounted in a 'less favorable' position, such as front vertical with the tubing entering from the top, the pump is likely being exposed to air pockets.
As long as the pump isn't the highest point in the loop, this typically isn't an issue.

You being able to hear 'water pouring' tells me that you've got it front vertical, tubing up.

jetwhite

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
qrq3sKT.jpg

The unit and also the pc itself is about 2 to 3 years old i think(i bought it when the gtx1080ti just came out )

also the top tube feels cold and the lower one feels warm is that normal?

airpockets how and is there a way to get rid of those if i have it? thx in advance

jetwhite

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Ok so i did exactly as u asked and it works! 27 degrees iddle and 45-50 degrees under load atm so i guess im good for now gonna keep testing ofc but i think its fixed

so i wanna thank u for all your support Phaaze88 u are awesome!!

TRENDING THREADS