Question CPU is constantly at high idle temp ?

Dec 5, 2023
Hey all,

My CPU was constantly running idle at around 60-70 degrees. Recently I had re-applied my thermal paste and made sure my mount was on correctly. It was fine for around a day and then it's gone back to idling at 60-65 degrees. Below is my pcpartpicker page, note that it does not include my cpu cooler which is the AMD Wraith Spire.

To also note, I am unsure how to include a screenshot. My fans seem to be running fast, my cpu cooler often reaches (according to dragon center, hw monitor, ryzen master) 2.7k RPM. I am not sure if this is a misread but its apparently impossible to reach that and it doesn't sound that fast in my case. I also do not live in a humid area and my room temperature is around 10-15 degrees usually.

Thanks

Dec 5, 2023
Drop the side panel and see if there is an improvement.

The case has fairly limited front air flow. Are you using any supplemental fans with this build?
I was just looking into this, I have a fan at the back of the case and the cpu cooler and that's it. Tomorrow ill drop the side panel and see if theres any difference.

Dec 3, 2023
those temps seem normal to me; only slightly higher than my Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler; and way better than my i9 10920@XMP with a 360mm AIO. You could try a 240mm AIO as well. Side panel dropping is what I do for all my systems; great advice there