Question CPU led light on motherboard. No post after cleaning. Need help

Jan 8, 2023
Everything was working fine till yesterday when I decided to clean my system. After cleaning, my pc is not posting. CPU led light in motherboard is constantly lighting.

This issue I had faced in past as well but after resetting cpu and cmos clearing solved the issue but this time its refusing to start.

Things I tried:

Removed cpu, cleaned it thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol and checked for any bent pins but everything looks fine. Applied fresh thermal paste and Installed it again firmly in the bracket. This I've tried more than 3 times.

Removed cmos battery for 10-20 mins. Shorted the cmos pins with screwdriver. Also pressed power button for like 30 sec or so.

Removed one RAM and checked both of them one by one in different slots.

Changed PSUs. Old psu working fine. Boots in my other system effortlessly.

Removed motherboard from cabinet and tried to post it from outside to check whether my pc case is culprit or not.

Changed power source plug and PSU cable.

My config:

Ryzen 3 2200G
MSI B450M Pro VDH Plus
8 Gb(4*2) G Skill Ripjaws RAM
Corsair CV650. Bought it brand new. Works in other systems.
Crucial 250GB MX SSD.
NZXT Gamma Case.

This new set up is just over 3 years old except the case. Warranty got expired just last year in Oct. Can't seem to figure out what's the issue. Would really appreciate some assistance. Thanks.

P.S. apologies for bad English.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to take your APU over to a donor platform with a known working motherboard. If the same problem crops up on your donor motherboard, then it's possible the CPU conked out. I would've suggested performing a BIOS recovery or FlashBack, sadly your board doesn't have that feature/functionality.

Removed motherboard from cabinet and tried to post it from outside to check whether my pc case is culprit or not.
So, you breadboarded the system innards. Can you elaborate on how you performed your cleaning regimen?

Jan 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to take your APU over to a donor platform with a known working motherboard. If the same problem crops up on your donor motherboard, then it's possible the CPU conked out. I would've suggested performing a BIOS recovery or FlashBack, sadly your board doesn't have that feature/functionality.

So, you breadboarded the system innards. Can you elaborate on how you performed your cleaning regimen?

Thank you for replying. Just normal cleaning with a my usual cleaning brushes and a blower pump that we use to clean dslr lenses for blowing the dust first. I have been cleaning like as always but this problem occured last time as well so, I thought it would resolve.

Yeah, sadly can't do bios flash back on this. Looks like taking it to donor system to get it checked is the only option like you mentioned. Would do that. Thanks again. Really appreciate this community's support for newbies like me.

Lutfij

Titan
You can also drop in a known working 3000 series processor onto your board to rule out your motherboard being faulty. If you really have time on your hands and don't mind tinkering, you could get a CH341A BIOS Programming tool kit and try and flash the BIOS of the motherboard.