Question CPU load is low but the temperature is too high

Mar 14, 2022
I am using laptop Zbook 15 with intel i7-4800mq CPU and nvidia quadro GPU. When I run games, the load on the processor is not higher than 30%, but the temperature stays around 70-85 °. While the load of the video card is 80-99%, and the temperature is not higher than 63 °(58° most of time). I think it's not normally.

logainofhades

Titan
70-85c isn't abnormal, for a laptop chip, under load. What games are you playing? Your GPU usage would point to that being part of the reason your CPU usage is so low, along with possibly poorly threaded games. You need to look at individual core load, not the whole CPU.

Mar 14, 2022
70-85c isn't abnormal, for a laptop chip, under load. What games are you playing? Your GPU usage would point to that being part of the reason your CPU usage is so low, along with possibly poorly threaded games. You need to look at individual core load, not the whole CPU.
I'm playing valorant.
2-3 minutes after I started the match I have this temperature(c)/load(%):
GPU: 54/77
CPU¹: 67/71
CPU²: 67/51
CPU³: 69/57
CPU⁴:70/43

KyaraM

Admirable
I'm playing valorant.
2-3 minutes after I started the match I have this temperature(c)/load(%):
GPU: 54/77
CPU¹: 67/71
CPU²: 67/51
CPU³: 69/57
CPU⁴:70/43
Those are very normal laptop CPU temps. Heck, they are normal for desktops, even. My own laptop has similar or higher temps. As long as it's not going over 90 to 95, it's okay for a laptop. Yhey sre running hotter than desktops in general due to worse cooling.

Btw, if you want to reduce temps, as a general rule. Avoid cloths and dusty surfaces (so no using in bed) and prop the laptop up somehow so the underside gets fresh, cool air. Should reduce temps a bit.

Mar 14, 2022
I'm worried because before the processor temperature did not rise above 60 ° (mostly kept at 58-59), but at one moment it began to rise to 70-80 °