[SOLVED] CPU only utilizing ≤40% according to Task Manager and Resource Monitor

Jul 1, 2021
I have owned this PC for years but recently noticed that at any given time, my CPU will never go over 40% utilization. According to the resource monitor, I am running at 100% maximum frequency, but the problem persists. Attached are screenshots, any solution to uncap this would be greatly appreciated!

Update: CPU utilizes %100 when started in Safe Mode, but returns to the %40 cap when started up normally. I am at a loss lol, any explanation would be appreciated.

Task Manager's reading of the CPU with little activity (also, I notice that it reads 3 cores though my CPU is 6 core)
Cguyfhc.png

Task Manager's reading of the CPU under Prime95 stress test, capped at 40%
Y11Rv1z.png

CPU-Z CPU Reading (Unlike Task Manager, it recognizes 6 cores)
nlrlxrS.png

CPU-Z Motherboard Reading
yPALANq.png

Again, all help is appreciated, thanks!!

Last edited:
Solution
Because of how this cpu is designed it has it's FPU cores split up so it's 6 cores in spirit only, the task manager is correct it's 3 cores with 6 logical cores.
AMD got sued about that.
As for the 40% usage, it drops down to 1.38Ghz which means that either it throttles immensely due to the heat or you are using a power plan in widows that is limited to only using 40% of the CPU.
Because of how this cpu is designed it has it's FPU cores split up so it's 6 cores in spirit only, the task manager is correct it's 3 cores with 6 logical cores.
AMD got sued about that.
As for the 40% usage, it drops down to 1.38Ghz which means that either it throttles immensely due to the heat or you are using a power plan in widows that is limited to only using 40% of the CPU.

Solution