Question CPU or Motherboard Failure?

Dec 15, 2021
After enabling secure boot my pc is stuck in a boot loop. It does not post BIOS and my motherboard is giving me a constant debug code “22”.
Doing some research I found that codes has to do with memory, I have tested each individual ram with no luck. I removed the CMOS battery and the GPU in different trails all with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have seen other posts where people had trouble with secure boot when doing windows 11. I enabled it out of curiosity. The past week or so my pc was not letting me update windows. I ultimately enabled secure boot as a test to find any more corruption. Nonetheless, I have made it unable to post BIOS.

Pc Specs:
Mobo: GA-Z170X Gigabyte G1
GPU: GTX 1070 8gb
RAM: DDR4 16gb - 3200 & DDR4 16gb - 3000
CPU: Intel i7-7700
PSU: EVGA 850 Bronze

Dec 15, 2021
Yesterday I enabled secure boot via BIOS and made my pc go into a boot loop. I have tried virtually everything from removing the CMOS battery, removing my GPU, testing each individual ram and checked my cpu for any physical damage. None of these options have given me luck to post bios.
Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do next?
My pc was working just fine the night before so I don’t want to believe something like my CPU or Motherboard are fried but I’m not having any luck getting it up an running. Thank you in advance!

P.S. I tested motherboard without ram and clearly got a ram debug code but it still power loops. This is what makes me believe it’s CPU/ motherboard and with no visual damages or knicks to CPU has me thinking motherboard is the issue.

Pc Specs:
Mobo: GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU: LGA 1151 Intel i7-7700
GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8gb
PSU: EVGA 850W bronze
RAM: 2x8gb @ 3200 & 2x8gb @3000

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Yesterday I enabled secure boot via BIOS and made my pc go into a boot loop. I have tried virtually everything from removing the CMOS battery, removing my GPU, testing each individual ram and checked my cpu for any physical damage. None of these options have given me luck to post bios.
Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do next?
My pc was working just fine the night before so I don’t want to believe something like my CPU or Motherboard are fried but I’m not having any luck getting it up an running. Thank you in advance!

P.S. I tested motherboard without ram and clearly got a ram debug code but it still power loops. This is what makes me believe it’s CPU/ motherboard and with no visual damages or knicks to CPU has me thinking motherboard is the issue.

Pc Specs:
Mobo: GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU: LGA 1151 Intel i7-7700
GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8gb
PSU: EVGA 850W bronze
RAM: 2x8gb @ 3200 & 2x8gb @3000
So you removed the video card, connected the monitor to the motherboard, and tried to boot into BIOS and turn secure boot back off?

Do you think it would be best to find another motherboard? I’m guessing I should stay away from gigabyte from now on.
There still are some other options. Assuming worst case scenario - bricked board - reprogramming BIOS chip might fix it, and any good repair shop should be able to do it. Otherwise your options are swap only motherboard or go forward and upgrade board/CPU (since your RAM should work with any new board). It's a matter of checking how much each option will cost and choosing one best for your budget.
As for staying away from Gigabyte - well, seems like these days every manufacturer is not as good as they used to be.

Dec 15, 2021
There still are some other options. Assuming worst case scenario - bricked board - reprogramming BIOS chip might fix it, and any good repair shop should be able to do it. Otherwise your options are swap only motherboard or go forward and upgrade board/CPU (since your RAM should work with any new board). It's a matter of checking how much each option will cost and choosing one best for your budget.
As for staying away from Gigabyte - well, seems like these days every manufacturer is not as good as they used to be.
I appreciate that help, I’m looking at switching to AMD CPU and Motherboard since bundles are moderately priced.