Question CPU overheating After cleaning, also just had a new nvme and added a new case fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzxethan13

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
Hello, I recently started getting problems with overheating on my cpu, I cleaned my pc with an compressed air cleaner and i installed a nvme a day before cleaning and noticed this issue im not sure if it was the nvme or the cleaning, im using an Kraken M22 and the fans are spinning and the pump is working, at first when i booted my pc it was overheating to the point it would not let me onto windows but throws me into the bios, but after unplugging the cpu pump and in and other things like the new case fans and then plugging them back in it worked but my temps are still bad idle temps are around 50 to 55 and then in games like destiny 2 and any other games it rapidly increase to 90+ degrees.
(also i now have 2 nvme drives)

Hello, I recently started getting problems with overheating on my cpu, I cleaned my pc with an compressed air cleaner and i installed a nvme a day before cleaning and noticed this issue im not sure if it was the nvme or the cleaning, im using an Kraken M22 and the fans are spinning and the pump is working, at first when i booted my pc it was overheating to the point it would not let me onto windows but throws me into the bios, but after unplugging the cpu pump and in and other things like the new case fans and then plugging them back in it worked but my temps are still bad idle temps are around 50 to 55 and then in games like destiny 2 and any other games it rapidly increase to 90+ degrees.
(also i now have 2 nvme drives)
How old is the kraken pump?
How long has it been since you replaced the cpu paste?
What model CPU and voltage in bios?
Did you ever adjust the load line calibration settings?
What motherboard and bios version?

Reactions: Avro Arrow
Chances are that it's a failing pump. This is why I don't use AIOs, they're just not worth it unless I'm insane enough to get something like an i9-13700K or i9-13900K. In more than 90% of cases, people who are using AIOs would be just fine using an air cooler.

Air coolers are better because they cost less and have very little that can go wrong. The stock AMD cooler that I got with my Phenom II X4 940 still works perfectly to this day. I got that CPU ~14 years ago and used the cooler for both it and my FX-8350. That's 8 years of constant use and it still works as well as the day I got it. Not bad for a CPU cooler that cost me literally nothing, eh? I guarantee that you'll never find an AIO that lasts for even 10 years, let alone one that lasts far longer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.