[SOLVED] CPU overheating while gaming (Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2022
I recently built this new computer about 6 months ago and everything was going great until a couple months ago, I was gaming (no where near something intense either) and my computer restarted showing me a CPU temperature error in the BIOS for the reasoning. I say new computer and that's not entirely true because I was still using my 8 year old Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold power supply from my first ever PC build in order to save a little money initially. So once this CPU overheating issue came up I figured it was finally time to upgrade, which I just did a couple weeks ago, picking up a Seasonic 850W this time. Just to be safe, I also removed and reapplied thermal paste to the CPU cause I figured maybe that could be causing the issue as well. Also cleaned the case to remove dust. Things were going well for a few days and then I found myself right back where I started, playing a game and the CPU is running 80-100 Celsius.

Not really sure what it is at this point, whether I have a faulty AIO or maybe Lian Li just doesn't make a great AIO and I need to upgrade (A microcenter employee told me they were recalled when they first came out but mine being 6 months old he didn't think it was apart of that run). I have considered mounting the AIO to the top of the case since the vent for side mounting the AIO is a couple inches away from where its mounted (thought maybe its not getting enough air). Maybe I need more case fans as I only have 2 although I know that wouldn't work wonders but read it can cool it down a little bit (As I'm writing this I realized both fans are intakes, so maybe I'm just really dumb and all I need is better airflow with an exhaust). This probably isn't a problem but the room my setup is in tends to be a little hotter since it sits above the garage. Not sure what else I could do, would appreciate any and all help, cooling was never something I paid much attention to in my old setup as you can tell.

Thanks!!!!

PC Specs:
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic
CPU: Intel i7-10700K
AIO: Lian Li Galahad 360 (Side mounted with the tubes at the top of the loop)
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z590-PLUS
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 16GB
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti
PSU: Seasonic 850W 80+ Gold

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you parse a couple of pics of how the system is orientated with the parts inside the case? I'm suspecting either you having bad airflow or you didn't plug the AIO to the right ports or the mount isn't right on your processor. You could also parse pics of your setup...so we can get semblance of the sort of space you're working with.

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for your thermal paste, can you please state the paste you'd used? If you're on Windows 10, can you check and see what OS version you're on and what your system resource usages are when at idle?

Jan 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you parse a couple of pics of how the system is orientated with the parts inside the case? I'm suspecting either you having bad airflow or you didn't plug the AIO to the right ports or the mount isn't right on your processor. You could also parse pics of your setup...so we can get semblance of the sort of space you're working with.

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for your thermal paste, can you please state the paste you'd used? If you're on Windows 10, can you check and see what OS version you're on and what your system resource usages are when at idle?

Now that I've looked at it more I wouldn't be surprised if its just terrible airflow, having the AIO as an intake on the side and the case fans also as intakes at the top of the case. Was thinking about mounting 3 fans at the top as intakes and then 3 at the bottom as exhausts, if you think that would help. Or if there is a better configuration for the fans I'll do that, maybe having the AIO at the top as an intake so it gets better airflow.

Here's the pics and info you asked for though:

Corsair TM30 Thermal Paste

Pictures:

Cooler is plugged into AIO pump header, bottom left corner of mount in second pic.
Mounting pictures from the back of the board, it may look wrong cause it says AMD but thats what the directions say to do.
ycfVrsI.jpg
ksnVEg3.jpg
wzg5NRR.jpg
98RpCWH.jpg

Temporary spot for the PC on a piece of cardboard under desk, as I'm about to move my desk and redo setup.
In new setup monitors will be a little more to the right and PC will sit on top of desk where the mic stand is.
Idle Temps (Normally 35-40 for CPU, Gaming 75-100 for CPU)

39msOOk.jpg
blgSHho.jpg
jA4rYYy.png

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022
Update if anyone stumbles upon this post and has similar issues.

Turns out the AIO was broken in some sort of way, I emailed Lian-Li about it and they immediately said they would replace it. I've had it for a few weeks now and everything is back to normal. Not really sure what the issue with the AIO was, I noticed the mount was different so maybe my unit was old but the new one works perfectly so who cares. Haven't seen the temps get anywhere over 65.

Jan 1, 2022
Did you install AIO correctly this time?
In your pictures AIO radiator is installed upside down.
I was trying out different orientations to see if anything would fix the temps, this was just the one I was trying at the time. I normally have the radiator mounted to the top of the case as an exhaust, which is what I'm currently running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS