Question CPU Performance Issues

R3E

Jul 9, 2024
I need help regarding performance issues with my CPU's performance. My build is:

• AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
  • AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
  • EKWB EK-Nucleus AIO LUX CR 240
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
  • G.Skill DDR 5-6000 2x16 GB
  • Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2 TB
  • Corsair SF 750
For context, my build is only over a year old with no prior issues. About a week ago, I accidentally left Binding of Isaac on for a few hours while I was away. When I return, the fans are full blasting at 100% and my CPU is at 95 degrees. I never really paid attention to the CPU temps in the past but I don't think it ever reached the point where it was always peaking in temps, affecting performance. I quickly decided to turn off my computer in fear that I might have damaged my CPU, turn it back on, and then get CPU temperature errors on boot. After letting it cool down, it turns on normally, but the overall performance of my computer has felt worse since (i.e. framerate drops during games, slower browser and file explorer experience, etc.). I've tried everything I can think of but can't seem to get my PC to perform the way it once did.

List of things I've done to try and fix it:
  • Clean out dust
  • Reorganize cables so that blockage to the radiator is minimized
  • Replace thermal paste
  • Undervolted all CPU cores to -30 in precision boost overdrive settings
  • Set a temperature limit of 89 degrees
  • Upgraded radiator fans
  • Set a PPT limit of 180000 mW
  • Disabled Core Performance Boost (made it worse)

Additionally, I ran a benchmark on Cinebench today and got pretty sad results:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...ca7a9113c9a1cc61b947e334bf5fa811ddfb5e7f6810&

R3E

Jul 9, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your case? Number of fans in said case and their orientation? BIOS version for your motherboard?
Thank you for the warm welcome!

My case is the IQUNIX ZX-1 ALUMINUM Mini-ITX Case - Water Cooling Edition. This case only offers two spaces for fans, solely for the 240 mm radiator. These fans are currently in push/exhaust mode, exhausting heat out of the top of the case. My BIOS should be the latest version; I forgot to mention that in the list of things I tried (version 2611). Thanks!