Feb 21, 2019
So my friend bought a PC. For about a month it ran perfect. Just recently it's been having problems now with massive lag spikes in games. High CPU usage. He hasn't downloaded anything (to his best of his memory) or done anything besides game before this started to happen. We tried updating drivers because we believed it was a graphic card problem. Was still the same thing. Reverted the driver again. Then he factory reset his pc and redownloaded windows. Still No luck. Then I read some posts saying it's possibly CPU. So we looked at his task manager while he was in Fortnite. His CPU spikes to 90-97% when he tries to kill someone. Not sure what to do here..

41c intel - 48c GPU ~Temps

CPU 95% in game ~ Task Manager

3592.1 cpu ~ Frequency

CPU
~Intel i3-8100
GPU~msi rx480
MOTHERBOARD~B360M MORTAR

Sorry if it's vague, will try to specify if asked. thank you!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Go to msi website, download/install the latest bios/motherboard chipset drivers, especially the audio/Lan drivers, USB family, sata. Windows updates have a bad habit of messing with version numbers and time codes with those drivers resulting in lag spikes, freezes, loops, even bsod. Since the recent update will also be included with the new copy of windows, and you just wiped out the existing motherboard drivers (all of them) when that install deletes the driver folder in windows (where the motherboard drivers are stored) its a safe bet you are chasing your tail.

Feb 21, 2019
Go to msi website, download/install the latest bios/motherboard chipset drivers, especially the audio/Lan drivers, USB family, sata. Windows updates have a bad habit of messing with version numbers and time codes with those drivers resulting in lag spikes, freezes, loops, even bsod. Since the recent update will also be included with the new copy of windows, and you just wiped out the existing motherboard drivers (all of them) when that install deletes the driver folder in windows (where the motherboard drivers are stored) its a safe bet you are chasing your tail.
LOL we literally just got done doing this as you posted! Thank you it worked!!!!!