Cpu/ram and gfx help

sa6storm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hi guys, totally my first post ever on any site about hardware but i know a little bit. So please no one call me an idiot or whatever because im just after a bit of friendly advice.

Ok i need to ask a few questions.

I have a Intel core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80ghz overclocked to 3.5ghz, it runs at 32 celcious. Is that temerature ok. I have liquid cooling, would it be possible to push more out the cpu

I have 4gb ram, not sure what type. Also have 8800gt 512mb

I have updated all bios, have windows 7 ultimate, but my ram displays as 4gb install but 2gb used, could my graphics card really be using that much vram?

Ive tried everything, even rivatuner couldnt helpe me :( any feedback or questions would be grately appreciated

sa6storm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
ye it says 4gb installed but 2gb used, ive done tests and it says my 512 mb card is actually 1200mb..not sure why that is, all after posting this ive been modwarfare 2 and sims 3 and after closing its caused memonry managment blue screen, possible faulty ram? there both identical 2gb

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
As for your ram, it sounds like you're getting those numbers from task manager. If that's correct, is the 2 gb used at idle, or with apps open (browsers can use a lot of ram btw). Try running directx diagnostics (click the 'start' orb and type 'dxdiag' into the search bar) and see what it says for the ram there.
If you suspect faulty ram, you can try running prime95 and/or memtest.

sa6storm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hi ive uploaded a few screen shots, hope this helps me out. If you notice in particular it says i have 1.2gb ram on system requirments.

dix.png

2.png

3.png

cpu.png

memory.png

there all the things i could think of uploading

thanks for your time

sa6storm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
ive also just noticed my gpu temperature is at 80 celcious! thats not playing any games just browsing the internet, i do plan on upgrading to a 265gtx next week thought

When DXDiag and Control panel both show 4GB RAM,then its 4GB,there maybe a problem with the software that systemrequirementslab.com is testing.
About your VGA,80c is high indeed,download RivaTuner and set the fan speed to like 60% and see if it helps or not(here is a good guide to do it: http://www.guru3d.com/article/rivatuner-20-fan-speed--overclock-guide/ )

sa6storm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
hi thanks for reply, yes ive installed riva and turned up fan speed so temperature is now at 60 idle. Yeah i see that its at 4gb, but when i boot the pc the bios shows 2gb, and the start up screen shows 2gb, ive reset the cmos etc, maybe its just working as 4gb but showing as 2. Another thing ive noticed is that when i take one of the sticks out it displays on the start up screen as 1gb. Damn computers! why cant they just plug in and do what there meant to lol

Can you test your RAMs in another system ? also is your OS 32 bit or 64 ?