[SOLVED] CPU & RAM speed support ?

DrWebi

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Hello! Im soon going to order parts for a new pc build and there something i dont understand about cpu ram speed support.

If i would get a normal 10gen intel cpu (support 2666mhz ram officaly) and 3200mhz ram, would i need a z-series motherboard for order to use more all ram speed because of the cpu or can this be done with other motherboard?

or is it so if the cpu says it only supports xxxx ram speed its actually the motherboard that determends how much the cpu can support. or im i wrong?

Solution
Hello! Im soon going to order parts for a new pc build and there something i dont understand about cpu ram speed support.

If i would get a normal 10gen intel cpu (support 2666mhz ram officaly) and 3200mhz ram, would i need a z-series motherboard for order to use more all ram speed because of the cpu or can this be done with other motherboard?

or is it so if the cpu says it only supports xxxx ram speed its actually the motherboard that determends how much the cpu can support. or im i wrong?
It's both, MB/BIOS is one part and IMC (Internl Memory Controller) is in the CPU is other part.

It's both, MB/BIOS is one part and IMC (Internl Memory Controller) is in the CPU is other part.

Reactions: Cactus 52
Solution