CPU refuses to go above 10%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thusko

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017
I just bought a $3,000 dollar computer. It works fine besides the fact that when I run simulations for my 3D work on my CPU, it plateaus at 10%. Like a literal straight line. And then when I try to move my mouse, the cursor has a frame rate of like 1 FPS despite the fact 90% of the i7 6800K processor is just sitting there! This has happened on multiple programs doing to different things. Please help...

By the way, I have a GTX 1080ti and a Samsung Nvme hard drive so the CPU isn't being bottlenecked.

Solution
Why has no one suggested he contact the manufacturer of his pc? LOGIC, anyways my dude call up whoever you bought your pc from and see if they can help you (If your product is new, they 100% have to help). They built it and loaded all the junk software (that is probably the cause anyways), so they know what to do.

Thusko

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017
Not a virus. I just bought the computer and haven't downloaded anything but the programs for my 3D work. Also it's not really acting funny or anything besides the CPU thing. Ill try the driversa nd defender.

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
i'm at a loss, but i notice that you don't have virtualisation active while i do. heres a link to a guide on how to activate it, you don't have to do this if you don't want to but i'm just trying to cover every possibility
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/09/08/step-by-step-enabling-hyper-v-for-use-on-windows-10/

Thusko

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017
Thanks but I did that myself. I just went into the BIOS a while back when I noticed the problem and checked off all the settings that might of caused it.

xXxREBELOxXx

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2015
Why has no one suggested he contact the manufacturer of his pc? LOGIC, anyways my dude call up whoever you bought your pc from and see if they can help you (If your product is new, they 100% have to help). They built it and loaded all the junk software (that is probably the cause anyways), so they know what to do.

Solution