Cpu running full speed?

Charbel Bernaba

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015
I reinstalled my windows 10 yesterday, and my cpu temperature went up 10 degrees and i checked the frequency and its full speed, i checked the power option to see if its balanced and its already in that mode and i cant turn my cpu down.

Solution
Glad I didn't jump on that W10 train wreck, 30% usage is not acceptable at idle, make sure it's a windows service using your CPU that way, if so that explains your CPU working at full speed.

Charbel Bernaba

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015

I just checked resource monitor and it says my cpu usage is 28%-30% but i checked also cpu-z and it says my core speed are at full speed i don't know what's going on.

Charbel Bernaba

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015

Is it possible to download all these updates without me seeing what's going on in the background? like i just checked updates and it says there's no updates.

That is just your max speed, you are getting worked up over nothing.

At this point your car is turned off in the driveway and you are flipping out because your speedometer goes up to 160 mph (the needle is at 0, but there is still that 160 mph number).

You can go into balanced and set it to have a low minimum speed and a high maximum speed.

Is this a desktop or laptop?
What are you using to see your cpu temp?

Charbel Bernaba

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015

I guess the problem here is i reinstalled windows and its doing tons of stuff in the background i need to give it a week or so settle down because i didnt have this problem before reinstalling windows, and like i said i its already in balanced mode and im using cpu z .