Question CPU slows down when at 100% usage

Oct 16, 2022
Everytime I run a game or run a benchmark with CPU-Z the CPU slows down from 4,20 GHz to 3,80 or lower reaching a top speed of 3,82, I already tried repasting the CPU but the problem is still there, the average temperature when at full load is 85 C° which seems normal for a laptop so the repasting is helping with that, also after closing demanding programs the temperature drops quickly so I'm sure the repasting was well done
Here are my specs:
Laptop Acer Nitro 5
CPU Intel i7-10750H @2,60GHz (Battery mode, while connected it reaches 4,20GHz)
RAM 1 stick Kingston Fury 16 GB at 3200 MHz (Motherboard locks it down to 2993 MHz)
Dedicated Graphics: Nvidia RTX3060 (85w)
I've had this laptop for around 1 year and a half
CPU at full capacity running Cyberpunk 2077 with Nvidia's recommended settings
Not even a minute after closing the game
CPU-Z data

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Everytime I run a game or run a benchmark with CPU-Z the CPU slows down from 4,20 GHz to 3,80 or lower reaching a top speed of 3,82, I already tried repasting the CPU but the problem is still there, the average temperature when at full load is 85 C° which seems normal for a laptop so the repasting is helping with that, also after closing demanding programs the temperature drops quickly so I'm sure the repasting was well done
Here are my specs:
Laptop Acer Nitro 5
CPU Intel i7-10750H @2,60GHz (Battery mode, while connected it reaches 4,20GHz)
RAM 1 stick Kingston Fury 16 GB at 3200 MHz (Motherboard locks it down to 2993 MHz)
Dedicated Graphics: Nvidia RTX3060 (85w)
I've had this laptop for around 1 year and a half
CPU at full capacity running Cyberpunk 2077 with Nvidia's recommended settings
Not even a minute after closing the game
CPU-Z data
A single DIMM will hurt performance.