CPU suggestions gigabyte GA_78LMT Mobo.

Itchyglitch

Reputable
May 12, 2015
I have a FX4130 cpu and I bought a GTX960 Nvidia Gpu, & 500 watt power supply and had that installed, it already was equipped with a F6XT cooling fans in a Cybertron pc case.
I have bottleneck problems when playing COD3 BLack-ops. Is it because of the cpu or could it be something else. Any suggestions?And what are the spec. limits as far as upgrading the cpu on this motherboard?

Solution
The FX6300 is the best cpu I would put on that motherboard. It will be a decent upgrade over your FX4130.

Please don't put ANY 125w cpu in there. You will regret it. Your motherboard is NOT very good.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
FX 8370E is the best cpu that can be used, its 95w same as the fx6300. It's a low end mobo with a 760g chipset, so don't expect much if any OC.

Performance between the 6300 and 8370E isn't much for most games, the only real added benefit is on games that'll have usage of 8 threads such as battlefield 4, Starwars Battlefront etc and games that have greater usage for L2 and L3 cache. It's also got a higher turbo clock speed, which is important to fx Cpus. If you've had the board for a good while, it might need a bios update to include the 2x 8 series E 95w cpus.

It's biggest drawback is its relatively high price compared to the 6300 for minimal gains.

Itchyglitch

Reputable
May 12, 2015
Well the last time I was in BestBuy the guy said they don't back upgrades on custom PC's (HUH?) simply because it's a Cybertron. ?
I'm not sure I know exactly what he meant by that.
Other than that I found the answers I was looking for thanks !