[SOLVED] CPU taking more load than GPU while gaming

Feb 18, 2022
Hey everyone, I have been having unsuspected problems with my PC for a long time and it was pointed out by a friend of mine.

When playing any games, my computer will put more load on the CPU and sometimes I get 0% GPU draw. I set my battery settings to "High performance", I changed Nvidia settings "CDU" to using my 3090 but still not avail. When I play cod, I get some GPU draw (never above 50) but when I play other games it's just solely from CPU. I don't know if my GPU/CPU are overclocked, CPU runs at 4700Mhz idle and GPU 1725Mhz idle.

Another problem is that my CPU temperatures reach near 80-85C when gaming and my CPU is clocking at max even I'm not playing any games.

My specs-
CPU- Intel core i9-9000k
GPU- Ventus 3x RTX 3090
MB - MSI Z390 GAMING EDGE
Ram- Crsair 3200 ddr4 16x2
CPU cooler- Cooler Master d14 70mm radiator ( currently getting my AIO exchanged)
Case- NZXT H510i

Solution
Hey everyone, I have been having unsuspected problems with my PC for a long time and it was pointed out by a friend of mine.

When playing any games, my computer will put more load on the CPU and sometimes I get 0% GPU draw. I set my battery settings to "High performance", I changed Nvidia settings "CDU" to using my 3090 but still not avail. When I play cod, I get some GPU draw (never above 50) but when I play other games it's just solely from CPU. I don't know if my GPU/CPU are overclocked, CPU runs at 4700Mhz idle and GPU 1725Mhz idle.

Another problem is that my CPU temperatures reach near 80-85C when gaming and my CPU is clocking at max even I'm not playing any games.

My specs-
CPU- Intel core i9-9000k
GPU- Ventus 3x RTX 3090...

My specs-
CPU- Intel core i9-9000k
GPU- Ventus 3x RTX 3090
MB - MSI Z390 GAMING EDGE
Ram- Crsair 3200 ddr4 16x2
CPU cooler- Cooler Master d14 70mm radiator ( currently getting my AIO exchanged)
Case- NZXT H510i
Depends on the game, the CPU does more calculations for the game logic while gpu is rendering the calculations, CMIIW.

You could this step by step in order, for better optimized performance (and avoid any issues after upgrade):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, and set your XMP/Manual OC back then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.
  • Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution