[SOLVED] cpu temp

Sep 7, 2021
repasted my laptop cpu(i7-10750h) about 2 weeks ago with hydronaut, is there any chance that it has pumped out this quickly the temps are worse by about 5 degrees.

Solution
Hey there,

No, not after just a couple of weeks.

It's more likely it's not been a good application. What method did you use? Pea-sized blob in center? Did you clean out fans before replacing heatpipes back? Did you criss cross re-tightening of screws to ensure an even spread?

What male/model laptop?
Hey there,

It's more likely it's not been a good application. What method did you use? Pea-sized blob in center? Did you clean out fans before replacing heatpipes back? Did you criss cross re-tightening of screws to ensure an even spread?

What male/model laptop?

Solution
Sep 7, 2021
Hey there,

What male/model laptop?
I took my laptop to a shop the first time they did it they messed it up completely but then they re did it for free so I do not know what method they used, the temps seemed to change over night is it possible it is software related?

I took my laptop to a shop the first time they did it they messed it up completely but then they re did it for free so I do not know what method they used, the temps seemed to change over night is it possible it is software related?

Hmm, they don't sound like they are doing a very good job. Hopefully the second application was done properly. But I guess that's hard to tell without opening it up and judging for yourself. What make/model. Given there is no improvement in temps, it's possible it's still a poor application.

Although it might seem daunting, doing the repasting yourself is an option. Whilst not the easiest thing to do, their will be guides/vids to help you do it. It might be worth checking out, and doing it yourself to be absolutely sure it's done correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nighthawk117
Sep 7, 2021
Hmm, they don't sound like they are doing a very good job. Hopefully the second application was done properly. But I guess that's hard to tell without opening it up and judging for yourself. What make/model. Given there is no improvement in temps, it's possible it's still a poor application.

Although it might seem daunting, doing the repasting yourself is an option. Whilst not the easiest thing to do, their will be guides/vids to help you do it. It might be worth checking out, and doing it yourself to be absolutely sure it's done correctly.
You are so right, I know a thing or two about pc's but my mum wouldn't let me do it lmao, after clean installing a gpu driver with (ddu and nvcleaner) as I figured that was something I have changed recently at first glance it seems to be better however I haven't tried playing any games yet as it is 11 pm. Tysm for your help.

You are so right, I know a thing or two about pc's but my mum wouldn't let me do it lmao, after clean installing a gpu driver with (ddu and nvcleaner) as I figured that was something I have changed recently at first glance it seems to be better however I haven't tried playing any games yet as it is 11 pm. Tysm for your help.

No probs, glad to offer some advice :)

Ah, okay. Good there's an improvement. Let us know how it goes.

Sep 7, 2021
No probs, glad to offer some advice :)

Ah, okay. Good there's an improvement. Let us know how it goes.
I have just attempted to play some games and have noticed that at about 60% usage @4.19ghz it is at around 75c this is certainly worse than before I do not have the option of repasting again is it possible that it is software related?

Sep 7, 2021
What laptop do you have and what games are you trying to play? 75C for a 10750H isn't particularly high.
Are you playing exactly the same games you were before?
Yeah I know that 75 isn't that high but it does spike into the 90's I play fortnite competitively so I play all the lowest settings and can hold 144fps. Also for some game modes like trios it is always on the 80's solos is 75 so I assume for what ever reason trios is more demanding.

Yeah I know that 75 isn't that high but it does spike into the 90's I play fortnite competitively so I play all the lowest settings and can hold 144fps. Also for some game modes like trios it is always on the 80's solos is 75 so I assume for what ever reason trios is more demanding.
It doesn't surprise me running well into the 80's when trying to do 144hz, Fortnite is more demanding than it used to be. 90's is very high but I've seen many gaming laptops hit that.

Do you know what model your laptop is?

You asked if it could be software related, if it was then there's two possibilities. One the software your running now for whatever reason is more intensive than it was before, or your temperature monitoring software isn't reporting temps accurately (I've had this before). The latter doesn't seem likely given the temps you mention seem fairly normal to me. However I'd get the latest version of HWMonitor or something if you haven't already to confirm.

Also do you have a cooling pad for your laptop? They can help prevent hot air building up between the laptop and the desk.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

TRENDING THREADS