Question CPU Temperature gets really hot when playing Helldivers 2. HELP!

Feb 23, 2024
So I've recently been playing the new game Helldivers 2 at Ultra settings 1080p. My frame rate on average is 80-100 at 80 degrees, but if I'm playing the hardest difficulty and a bunch of stuff is happening it can get as low as to 50fps and my CPU once got as hot as 110 for on of the P-Cores, but average temps would be around 85 degrees. When I'm playing the game, the CPU utilization floats around 50-60's, not even at 100% utilization. My specs are down below, but I thought maybe it was the thermal paste so I replaced the thermal paste since it's been about a year, but there hasn't been significant difference in temperatures. I'm not super tech-savvy, but I was wondering if anyone would know that maybe because I'm running at 1080p my GPU isn't getting enough load so my CPU is overheating? Maybe If I played on 1440p Ultra settings the load on my CPU would be less maybe? When my computer is idle just running Firefox and discord, my CPU will be about 40-45 degrees Celsius. I only have 1 intake fan, 1 exhaust fan, and the Kraken x53 that has the 2 fans acting as an exhaust fan with the radiator on top. If more info, performance tests or pictures are needed I'll gladly provide more.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
As long as the overall average temperature reading doesn't go above 90C, you should be fine. Momentary spikes shouldn't be an issue.

When its too intensive for the CPU, it goes to to high temperatures, but not too high that it'll kill itself. It's all under control, specially since you have good airflow as well.

Read: What's thermal throttling