CPU temps and fluctuating 40-95C (i7-4770)

Nokin69

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
Specs:
Gtx 1080 ftw evga
I7 4770
500gb ssd raid 0 (2x275)
2tb wdc hard disk
2x4gb hyperX predator
2x8gb hyperX fury
Nzxt s340 case
Msi z87-g43 mobo
Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX
Windows 10
Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid - switched with intel stock cooler now.

So my pc recently hit like 95 degrees Celsius so i turned it off and reapplied thermal paste and stuff, that didnt work and it seemed my ram slots had died. I couldnt boot and often got errorcodes 0xc000000f that my pc needed repair and stuff. Windows repair tool didnt work and i eventually tried via command promt with "fixboot, fixmbr and so on" But now after trying out the intel stock cooler (had a lot of trouble mounting it) i got my pc up and running. Though it sits at like 60degrees in bios. So after reinstalling windows and setting my raid 0 up again. I got the pc running. I installed windows without having a internet connection and now my drivers are all outdated. Also the pc does not recognice my GPU anymore for some reason, not in msinfo32, NZXT cam or bios. So my gpu just has the lights on and no fans running. Also my pc only allows 1 monitor and goes with a resolution at about 800x600 (not changeable). I tried updating all my drivers, but then my cpu temps quickly hit about 90-95 so I turned it off. Right now it sits at 43degrees idle, but with nothing else than cam running it changes between that and 70degress fast.also my clock speed changes from 800 to 3899mhz withing milliseconds. theres no load on my 24gb ram, my ssd has only used 32gb (32 out of 500) the CPU load changes from 8% to 15%. Fan speed goes about 1200 idel and up to 2000+. It JUST hit 80degrees with nothing new running. Im not sure but can it be a failing heat sensor in the cpu/mobo ? With the cooler I used before (watercooling) I couldnt hear the water so we changed it, as the pc also went from 40C and kept going up and up and up about 5C/minute. Also when we took it off, it seemed that the cooling paste had burned. If i check now the cooling paste has probably done it again maybe idk. Should I change mobo, cpu, fans or maybe get some new thermal paste ? (its about 2-3years old right now (the tube) and from cooler master). Overall everything is about 4-5years old, other than the GPU, RAM and SSD. Also the PC just hit 89C so I turned it off again. If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it :)

UPDATE: I will be ordering a new cooler (Corsair Hydro Series H60) as the stock coolers seating stuff broke on one of the sides while mounting and that may have caused it to not sit tightly. Also if I upgrade to a new cpu (r5 1600x) that will be compatible with it too. Will update next weekend. Also gonna reinstall windows again then.

Solution
you would need a whole new motherboard and RAM to go to the r5 1600x. And yes, a broken clamp for the cooler would be causing all your problems.

Nokin69

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Got a new cooler, which has so far fixed all my problems and im running about 41C. Thanks :)