Question CPU temps hitting 110 C, possible AIO failure?

Feb 15, 2022
Alright, so as the title says recently my cpu has been spiking to 110+ C and then shutting down. After a little research I concluded that the thermal paste was the culprit, and replaced it. This helped a little but the problem still occured. So I thought that must mean the AIO was to blame. Maybe due to bubbles in the pump, or a fan issue, or a dusty radiator, idk. I tried lying the PC on its side as I saw it can help clear bubbles out, and again while that helps, the issue remained. I know it seems obvious that it's a pump issue, but I can hear the pump turn on when I plug it into a header. Does anyone have any explanation?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, we know the age of the cooler and that it's from a IBP prebuilt.
They fail eventually, either mechanically, chemically, or biologically, and most can't be serviced by you. The last 2 are due to the corrosion inhibitor or biocide expiring after an undetermined amount of time.

You were approaching 3 years on it. That's a decent run on one.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If aio, then 240/280mm, whatever the top of your case fits. The ibuypower isn't doing you any favors, it's a thin 120 in push/pull, which does nothing for such a thin rad but add noise of the second fan. The only way 2 fans there would help is if they were such abysmal fans for static pressure and airflow that both combined would equal the output of a single decent fan. Honestly it's not nearly enough radiator for any 9th+ gen i7 or i9 cpu.

The Fuma2 is a good idea, it's a 200w aircooler and you need that for i7+ Intels. Really could use the biggest aircooler that will actually fit inside the glass. If it's a slimmer case, @ 156mm of cpu clearance, the BeQuiet DarkRock TF or Noctua NH-C14 are downdraft style and much shorter than a standard tower, but above 200w capacity.