Question Cpu Temps I5 8600k

backdoorluts9

Prominent
Jun 4, 2019
30-35c idle. browsing daily tasks around 40c. and gaming 70-80. no overclock. hyper T2 Cooler.

should I be worried ?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
backdoorluts9,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

At the top of all our Forums are "Stickies", which are informative Thread that are permanently "stuck" in place so they're always available as reference material for everyone's benefit. Near the top of the CPUs Forum you'll see this one:

Intel Temperature Guide - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

If you want to put your mind at ease and get yourself up to speed on this topic, then give it a read.

Although "Throttle" temperature for your i5-8600K is 100°C or 212°F (boiling point of water), it’s not advisable to run your CPU near it's thermal limit. The consensus among well informed and highly experienced system builders, reviewers and overclockers, is that cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity. Experts all agree that it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Throttle temperature, so here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature. The standard for "normal" room temperature is 22°C or 72°F.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT 😎

TRENDING THREADS