Question CPU thread not "usable"

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Hello guys!
I ran a test just to show how my CPU isn't using one of it's threads.

image.png

Also, it's not overheating.
image.png

I couldn't make it more visible, but even in MSI Afterburner, it says that one of the threads is NOT being used.
image.png

I thought it was just a task manager bug, but it's affecting the cinebench scores.

My specs:
CPU: I5-11400F
Mobo: TUF Gaming B560M-Plus WIFI
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz

Why is this happening?
Are you using any software that is designed to enhance game performance? Some programs like that can alter what cores and threads of the CPU are being used. The first thread might be reserved for some unknown reason. Process Lasso is another program that can assign tasks to specific cores.

Can you post an image of ThrottleStop 9.6 while the CPU is loaded running Cinebench?

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

ThrottleStop uses a different method compared to most monitoring utilities when reporting CPU usage. You can double click on its monitoring table so it displays all 12 threads. I am curious to see what it shows.

When Cinebench is running, go to the Task Manager Details tab, right click on Cinebench.exe and check the Affinity of this task. Check to see if it is being allowed by Windows to run on All Processors.

BfBQ5Ip.png

Check to see if you are using the latest BIOS version that is available for your motherboard.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Are you using any software that is designed to enhance game performance? Some programs like that can alter what cores and threads of the CPU are being used. The first thread might be reserved for some unknown reason. Process Lasso is another program that can assign tasks to specific cores.

Can you post an image of ThrottleStop 9.6 while the CPU is loaded running Cinebench?

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

ThrottleStop uses a different method compared to most monitoring utilities when reporting CPU usage. You can double click on its monitoring table so it displays all 12 threads. I am curious to see what it shows.

When Cinebench is running, go to the Task Manager Details tab, right click on Cinebench.exe and check the Affinity of this task. Check to see if it is being allowed by Windows to run on All Processors.

BfBQ5Ip.png

Check to see if you are using the latest BIOS version that is available for your motherboard.
Hello
No, I am not using any software that is designed to that.

In Processor affinity, all of them were picked as default.

image.png

I'm gonna check if the BIOS is updated to the newest version in just a moment

- Edit:
Latest BIOS update is installed

Last edited: