Question CPU Turbo Mode questions ?

Scrubs0

Prominent
Nov 29, 2022
Hi all, I hope I've posted this in the right forum :)

So, I disabled turbo mode for my CPU (I9 11900k, 3.5GHZ) but than when I went to check my power plan in the control panel (Windows 10 Pro), I saw that 'CPU performance boost mode' is still set to 'aggressive'
So my questions are these:

Q1: Is 'performance boost mode' and 'turbo mode' the same?
Q2: If they are the same, should I change both options or only one, and if so, which one?

It's worth mentioning that I didn't touch the power plan option (as in, it stayed on aggressive mode), and yet when I disabled Turbo mode in the bios, my CPU's temp dropped (along with performance in certain games)

Hi all, I hope I've posted this in the right forum :)

So, I disabled turbo mode for my CPU (I9 11900k, 3.5GHZ) but than when I went to check my power plan in the control panel (Windows 10 Pro), I saw that 'CPU performance boost mode' is still set to 'aggressive'
So my questions are these:

Q1: Is 'performance boost mode' and 'turbo mode' the same?
Q2: If they are the same, should I change both options or only one, and if so, which one?

It's worth mentioning that I didn't touch the power plan option (as in, it stayed on aggressive mode), and yet when I disabled Turbo mode in the bios, my CPU's temp dropped (along with performance in certain games)
Power plan can't override BIOS settings. If you limit anything in BIOS, OS can't change it.

Scrubs0

Prominent
Nov 29, 2022
So if I want to be able to change turbo mode on and off via the control panel, is it not possible? As in, if its enabled in BIOS disabling in the control panel won't do anything?