CPU unable to start up properly sometimes

cpugeek21

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Guys, it's been a real bumpy road in my journey to build a computer.
I first started with an Ivy bridge system 3 years ago, until the ram and the motherboard both fried. Recently, I just went to purchase a new motherboard and corsair was nice enough to replace my ram for me as well. However, just recently, the computer would just hang for no reason and I would have to hard reboot my computer. Sometimes, the computer would start up for the first time but instead of directing me to the windows start page where you key in your password, I get a blank blue screen (not a BSOD, but just a light blue screen). I would then proceed to hard reboot it again, but this time it takes like 5-6 times of trial and error of hard reboot before the system will show up on the monitor again. For the other unlucky times, I would get all lights, fans spinning, mouse and keyboard with their lights as well but the monitor just does not get any signal to it.
You may ask me to change the wires as well as the monitor but I have already tried it on a different monitor, and I'm quite sure there's no problem with the wire since it has been connected to all my other household devices (XBox, smart TV etc.) Maybe another thing that may help is I suspect the graphics card is spoilt, which may have caused the earlier hanging, but I have connected the monitor directly to the motherboard integrated graphics since. One thing to note though is that I have not unplugged the graphics card from the motherboard, meaning the graphics card is still receiving power and everything but nothing for it to project to.

I really need help, because I am quite sure the frequent forced reboots are no good for the system, and I don't want to buy a 3rd motherboard. Thanks guys :)