GaryM

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
Cpu (Ryzen 5 3600) badly underperforming (5th percentile on UserBenchMarks).

I have no ideas how to fix this…
If someone could help that would be great!

link for UserBenchMarks: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47086318
I have no idea if recent optimizations might apply to your CPU, but there is a more recent version of the motherboard BIOS (Jul 22) available here...
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

You seem to still be running the Mar 12 BIOS.

GaryM

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
Should i get the 2021/07/22 version?
I certainly would, but I've never had any problems with flashing a new BIOS. I am fearless 😋

Seriously, though, it's very hard to know exactly what's improved, but improvement of some type is the whole point of a new BIOS release. You'll never know if it improves your CPU's lackluster performance until you try.

Oct 15, 2021
I certainly would, but I've never had any problems with flashing a new BIOS. I am fearless 😋

Seriously, though, it's very hard to know exactly what's improved, but improvement of some type is the whole point of a new BIOS release. You'll never know if it improves your CPU's lackluster performance until you try.
Yeah, ill give it a try

Oct 15, 2021
What slots are you running your ram in? Did you manually adjust timings or just used a preset profile? Ram latency seems a tad high, unless I'm mistaken, which would kill a Ryzen cpu's performance in multithreading scenarios
I have my ram manually set 3600mhz and ive tried to turn xmp on to see a difference but nothing. My ram is in DDR1 and DDR2.

Oct 15, 2021
I think DSzymborski may have found your culprit, you really do need to do a clean install of Windows changing so much hardware.

You can run userbenchmark again with Hwinfo on and monitor what your max temperature gets up to.
Ill try running userbenchmark again with hwinfo and see my max temp, With the windows reinstall i want that to be my last resort, But if i get to that point should i use media creation tool or ios file on usb