CPU usage maxes out to 100% for a second and mouse freezes, occuring at regular 1-2 min intervals?

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
I have a gaming PC with high end specs (i5 3570k -- not overclocked , gtx 780, etc.) and yet I'm getting complete system freezes that last about one second where I am unable to move the mouse. Checking task manager, I find that cpu usuage always spikes to 100% during one of these events but I'm not sure why The oddest part is that it seems to occur in regular intervals and it happens even when I'm doing simple things like internet browsing. I've already reinstalled windows 10 once, but to no avail. I have no idea what's causing this. How can I find out?

Solution
Mouse freezes can be caused by either software usage spikes, or somewhat more common, thermal spikes.

What are your CPU temperatures when these freezes occur?

Likewise, it may be worth sorting your task manager by "Most CPU usage" to least to see if a single program could be causing this.

Download CPUz or some other software monitoring program to let us know if your voltages and core clock are also malfunctioning during these spikes.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Woohoopy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Mouse freezes can be caused by either software usage spikes, or somewhat more common, thermal spikes.

What are your CPU temperatures when these freezes occur?

Likewise, it may be worth sorting your task manager by "Most CPU usage" to least to see if a single program could be causing this.

Download CPUz or some other software monitoring program to let us know if your voltages and core clock are also malfunctioning during these spikes.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Solution