Question cpu usage sudden drop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 19, 2020
When i play games any game my cpu at first be like normal 70-90% usage
after 10 min at maximum it drops to 10-30% usage and the fps drops as well
and my cpu is not overheating its 62 degrees while gaming and i tried a lot of solutions nothing seemed to work
i tried reinstalling the gpu driver and the cpus
scanned my pc for viruses with malwarebytes and found nothing
set my games to high priority ..nothing
i even reintalled my whole windows system and it didnt work
Is there anyway i can fix it

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020
It doesn't hurt to test & try Windows 7 or Linux Pop OS to play GTA5. See if you get CPU drop. As doing that. It does not cost any $..

If you see cpu usage drop/fps drop on Linux/Win7. Then its either your hardware..
Well i tried and played some games (resident evil 2 &7 - Gta 5 - Batman arkham knight)
and they all worked fine
that' s good .....but it means that there' s a service or something activated that makes it drop the cpu usage and i really need to know that
because as you all know windows 7 wont have any more supported programs or games or even if it has
there are some games that i love playing won' t work on windows 7 and the dx12 is not supported
i hope you can help

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Well i tried and played some games (resident evil 2 &7 - Gta 5 - Batman arkham knight)
and they all worked fine
that' s good .....but it means that there' s a service or something activated that makes it drop the cpu usage and i really need to know that
because as you all know windows 7 wont have any more supported programs or games or even if it has
there are some games that i love playing won' t work on windows 7 and the dx12 is not supported
i hope you can help

As I told you its Windows 10 problem..
Reason: Microsoft and Intel are partner in crime.
If you have old CPU and using Windows 10, they make it slower so you can buy newer CPU. They wont say anything about it..

Its Similar to iphone everytime they release new iphone and update on older iphone. You notice your phone become slower even if you dont game on it.

Go find a custom Slim Version of Windows 10. Like Windows 10 Pro 2004.172 Lite Plus But you will need your own Win10 Serial key to activate it. you can run it anyway, there will be Watermark on right below screen saying "Activate Windows"..

Jun 19, 2020
As I told you its Windows 10 problem..
Reason: Microsoft and Intel are partner in crime.
If you have old CPU and using Windows 10, they make it slower so you can buy newer CPU. They wont say anything about it..

Its Similar to iphone everytime they release new iphone and update on older iphone. You notice your phone become slower even if you dont game on it.

Go find a custom Slim Version of Windows 10. Like Windows 10 Pro 2004.172 Lite Plus But you will need your own Win10 Serial key to activate it. you can run it anyway, there will be Watermark on right below screen saying "Activate Windows"..
But there has to be a way to stop that from happening besides core i5 is not that old
Maybe there is a service running in the background slowing it down....i know a lot of people with my same specs and they have no problem at all

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
But there has to be a way to stop that from happening besides core i5 is not that old
Maybe there is a service running in the background slowing it down....i know a lot of people with my same specs and they have no problem at all

Cuz windows 10 have bloatware on it.. :O No one know what stuff you have installed on your computer. just get a fresh Windows 10 Pro 2004.172 Lite Plus and your good to go. They prolly have no problem because they also have custom windows 10.. Mostly gamer dont use original Windows 10 that come in with factory.

D

Deleted member 2720853

I would recommend against using any custom .ISOs. Download the regular Windows 10 Pro 2004 .ISO from the Media Creation Tool, which you can use without activating it, look up how to remove all the preinstalled apps with Powershell, do some OS optimizations using ShutUp10 and the like and you're good to go.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
I would recommend against using any custom .ISOs. Download the regular Windows 10 Pro 2004 .ISO from the Media Creation Tool, which you can use without activating it, look up how to remove all the preinstalled apps with Powershell, do some OS optimizations using ShutUp10 and the like and you're good to go.

I had try that long before, It just too much work. Your going to spend hours.. Then after you install windows 10 *You must not plug to the Internet, as it will install Driver itself, if its connected to internet, during installation. Then plug in your USB and use ShutUp10 and start going to each list you want to disabled.

Oprekin does this for latest win10 iso, but you must donate to get latest build, free one are older build. But it still better than stock win10.