[SOLVED] CPU Voltage

rafovafo

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
I am aware this kind of thread, at least a similar one already exists, but I want to make sure.

I have a 3800x and a X570 TUF Gaming with the Freezer 34 Esports Duo cooler. My cpu is at high performance, which seems to be recommended by a lot of people, is mostly idling at 1.47-1.48V. Now I know its normal for the voltage to jump up and down, but is this too much? I just built the PC and don't want to kill it immediately. Temps at idle are hitting max 50. When under load voltage drops significantly to 1.4V.

Reactions: chalessmith2020
Solution
I am aware this kind of thread, at least a similar one already exists, but I want to make sure.

I have a 3800x and a X570 TUF Gaming with the Freezer 34 Esports Duo cooler. My cpu is at high performance, which seems to be recommended by a lot of people, is mostly idling at 1.47-1.48V. Now I know its normal for the voltage to jump up and down, but is this too much? I just built the PC and don't want to kill it immediately. Temps at idle are hitting max 50. When under load voltage drops significantly to 1.4V.
That voltage is normal and expected for Ryzen 3000 processors. AMD has told us it's designed to spike to as high as 1.5V during light bursty processing, when we usually think the processor is idle. You also need to use a...

That voltage is normal and expected for Ryzen 3000 processors. AMD has told us it's designed to spike to as high as 1.5V during light bursty processing, when we usually think the processor is idle. You also need to use a monitoring program that has a fairly short polling period to see it change more frequently...HWInfo64 with the polling period set to 500mS or so is good for that.

When you put the processor under extreme heavy all-core load, something like CineBench 20 does, the core voltage will probably drop as low as 1.25V.

Solution

rafovafo

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
That voltage is normal and expected for Ryzen 3000 processors. AMD has told us it's designed to spike to as high as 1.5V during light bursty processing, when we usually think the processor is idle. You also need to use a monitoring program that has a fairly short polling period to see it change more frequently...HWInfo64 with the polling period set to 500mS or so is good for that.

When you put the processor under extreme heavy all-core load, something like CineBench 20 does, the core voltage will probably drop as low as 1.25V.
Thanks, really gave me some relief.