[SOLVED] CPU white debug light on. Kindly help...very frustrating..

Oct 19, 2021
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and searched the forum for similar problems, but haven't found any thread discussing a problem like I have. That's why I opened this thread.

My problem:

I bought a new PC, at the beginning everything worked fine for some 2 weeks. After 2 weeks my PC won't boot regularly and suddenly shut down while working and then the EZ Debug LED CPU will turn instantly after I press the power button and the system won't boot.

CPU and system fans are nearly at full speed. It happens randomly sometimes when I play games or do any other stuff. Sometimes it works for several days without any problem then suddenly it will happen again.

The only way I found out to solve the problem temporarily is when I remove the ram and re-insert it or change the ram slots.

When I face the same problem few weeks back, I changed nearly all components my CPU, Ram and even Power Supply and even the motherboard. Now again last week and today I have faced the same problem. Also, the shop from where I had purchased the processor had given me the tetra pack or something. It did not come in a box. Has this created an issue also. But two times faulty processor, I dont think has been given to me. And why changing ram slots solves the problem temporarily where on the motherboard the WHITE CPU debugg is on. It has something to do with the CPU right? Its very frustrating as I had purchased this PC with all my savings and now this problem again and again. Need a permanent solution.

My HW:
  • MSI B450M pro M2 Max
  • Ryzen 5 3400g
  • 16GB (8*2) Corsair Vengeance LPX
  • Corsair 550w power supply
My SW:
  • Win10 Pro
  • all latest drivers installed (BIOS, Chipset, GPU, etc.)
Do you maybe know how to help?
Many thanks in advance!

Hrishi.

Solution
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and searched the forum for similar problems, but haven't found any thread discussing a problem like I have. That's why I opened this thread.

My problem:

I bought a new PC, at the beginning everything worked fine for some 2 weeks. After 2 weeks my PC won't boot regularly and suddenly shut down while working and then the EZ Debug LED CPU will turn instantly after I press the power button and the system won't boot.
Not entirely sure, it sounds like you bought a pre-built system. If so, you should not be troubleshooting this problem. Take it back to the people you bought it from and have them make it right.

Otherwise...have you ever reset CMOS? if not, do that. Then make sure your memory...
I've had the white CPU light on for a RAM problem.
I would first reset the BIOS.
I would try running with one stick instead of both sticks.
If it still did it I would try running with the other stick.
If it still did it....I might try different RAM.
I would also....while I was powered down changing RAM.....reseat the connections on everything I could except the CPU.
If all this didn't work...I might even reseat the CPU.

Reactions: Hrishi007
Hi guys,

My problem:

Not entirely sure, it sounds like you bought a pre-built system. If so, you should not be troubleshooting this problem. Take it back to the people you bought it from and have them make it right.

Otherwise...have you ever reset CMOS? if not, do that. Then make sure your memory DIMM's are installed and firmly seated in the DIMM sockets.

Solution
Oct 19, 2021

Otherwise...have you ever reset CMOS? if not, do that. Then make sure your memory DIMM's are installed and firmly seated in the DIMM sockets.

Thank you. Reset the CMOS as in remove the battery then place it again? Sorry I am not a techie guy. The shop guy installed everything including the BIOS..can this also be due to a BIOS update or something?

"Reset the CMOS as in remove the battery then place it again? "

Yes....leave it out a few minutes.

Or you may be able to reset it by shorting two pins on the motherboard (see manual)

Either way works.

"can this also be due to a BIOS update or something? "

I tend to doubt your problem is due to the BIOS version.
I would like to think the guy installed the right version,
Also BIOS version problems generally don't let you run fine for two weeks.

Oct 19, 2021
"Reset the CMOS as in remove the battery then place it again? "

Yes....leave it out a few minutes.

Or you may be able to reset it by shorting two pins on the motherboard (see manual)

Either way works.

"can this also be due to a BIOS update or something? "

I tend to doubt your problem is due to the BIOS version.
I would like to think the guy installed the right version,
Also BIOS version problems generally don't let you run fine for two weeks.

Thanks will try that. Also, I forgot to tell that last time my motherboard was the culprit I think because there was a bent small box on the motherboard. I replaced it with a new one. Yet this time again the same problem. Can it be compatibility issues of the motherboard with the CPU? Also, when I checked the MSI manual, the white debug light means "CPU not detected or fail" But then again after replacing the motherboard, things went fine until now.

"Can it be compatibility issues of the motherboard with the CPU? "

That CPU is compatible with that MB.
Also it appears to take the first BIOS.....which means you probably have the correct BIOS.

" "CPU not detected or fail" "
I've seen this light come on for other reasons.....even for a bad power supply.

Oct 19, 2021
"Can it be compatibility issues of the motherboard with the CPU? "

That CPU is compatible with that MB.
Also it appears to take the first BIOS.....which means you probably have the correct BIOS.

" "CPU not detected or fail" "
I've seen this light come on for other reasons.....even for a bad power supply.

I have fluctuations in my electricity every now and then. Voltage issue at times. Could this also be a culprit. Also, I have inserted the power cord of the UPS directly into the power socket instead of using a power extension cord.

"Could this also be a culprit. "
Yes it could.....but I think it's more likely something else....but I definitely think it's possible.

Not using an extension cord is better that using one....as you get less voltage drop at the PC's power supply.

As far as the UPS.....I think some UPSs give low voltage errors if they get low voltage from the wall.

TRENDING THREADS