[SOLVED] CPU-Z and TechPower guru are showing x8 bus width

sojle

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Hello guys,I want to upgrade my system.Currently I have one gpu and that is GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR5 from asus.
Gpu should support bus width 2.0 x16.
My motherboard is ASRock n68c-gs fx.
Problem is that all programs are showing that my gpu is running at bus width of x8 1.1.
And I looked through most bios options and no other pci slot is busy.
There is only one gpu in the system placed in blue pcie x16 slot but it is showing pciex8.
I am asking you this because I was thinking of adding new gpu to the pc and that is geforce gtx 1050ti 4gb.
Problem is I am afraid if its worth adding if my pcie is x8 1.1.
I am afraid that my future gpu will lose much of its performance.
CPU-Z showed that maximum supported link width is x8. It needs to be x16.
Is it really worth upgrading if my bus width is 1.1 x8?
While its supposed to be x16.
Should I change my motherboard?
Frick it I will risk it,if you guys know a solution tell me please,or if you have advice.I will upgrade my gpu anyway in around 8 days and I will write here of the results.

Solution
I think that GPU may only be an x8 card. I know some of the 710s are only x8. I don't think anything is wrong. And that card is low enough performance that the an x16 interface won't change performance.

sojle

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
I think that GPU may only be an x8 card. I know some of the 710s are only x8. I don't think anything is wrong. And that card is low enough performance that the an x16 interface won't change performance.
Do you think its worth getting nvidia gtx 1050ti on my motherboard?

sojle

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
I would say, save your money for an entire motherboard/CPU/RAM replacement. What CPU do you have with that motherboard ?
That would be the best option of course but budget is the problem.I already have max 8GB of 1333mhz ram that my cpu and motherboard can support,I have amd phenom II x6 1035 t.I know that my pc isnt the greatest but it is a budget pc.I want to be able to play witcher 3 and total war games without lagging too much.I am a student currently so my budget is limited.Biggest problem is motherboard having pcie x16 1.1 which is pretty old and I am afraid of losing too much gpu power.

TRENDING THREADS