curt50

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Hi all, it's the pain again.
Exactly what is overclocking and how is it done? I have an AMD Duron 700 megahertz, I know throw it away. can't just yet maybe another month or two.

Solution
Defiantly try and overclock it before you junk it!

There are two ways you can do so.

The first and easiest way is to simply raise the vCore and FSB either through the BIOS or with the DIP switches.
You can probably get a little more performance out of it this way.

The second and more involved way to overclock it would involve Closing the L1 Bridges.
This will unlock the multiplier for your CPU and allow you to (potentially) hit 1Ghz or higher.

With something this old I doubt many are going to be able to remember the specifics of overclocking it.
Luckily, there is still tons of resources available on Google regarding overclocking these CPU's.

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Not worth the trouble to try and overclock that setup. Even if you could overclock, a couple 100mhz, you're not going to notice a difference at all.

You should post about what you want for your next system in 2 months.

Defiantly try and overclock it before you junk it!

There are two ways you can do so.

The first and easiest way is to simply raise the vCore and FSB either through the BIOS or with the DIP switches.
You can probably get a little more performance out of it this way.

The second and more involved way to overclock it would involve Closing the L1 Bridges.
This will unlock the multiplier for your CPU and allow you to (potentially) hit 1Ghz or higher.

With something this old I doubt many are going to be able to remember the specifics of overclocking it.
Luckily, there is still tons of resources available on Google regarding overclocking these CPU's.

Solution