Question Cracking/clicking sounds from inside PC and visual artifacts/color shifits

Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
Few months ago I connected 2nd monitor via HDMI. The 1st one is connected via VGA. I'm using Opera Browser with lots of tabs. I started receiving system messages saying 'Your computer is low on memory'. But for some time I haven't seen it. Recently I changed PSU since it was making clicking sounds and PC restarted or freezed after some 'beep' sound from the inside of PC from time to time. Now I hear pretty quiet cracking/clicking sounds (something like a cricket in the night..?) from the inside. It's not that loud but still irritates. Sometimes PC works so slow (almost freezing) I have to restart it. I mean, it comes back to work normally after like ~1min.
And I just started seeing photos on FB and other sites with weird color shifts/visual artifacts.
Something like this: View: https://imgur.com/a/gOsT3Np

These artifacts happend only two times. In Feburary and in March.
Since like 2 months I have a problem with watching movies on HBO GO. It just stops playing after few seconds and you can't play it again untill you refresh the tab. But after the restart it plays only for few seconds and just stops. Same with Facebook videoclips. It plays for few seconds or doesn't start playing at all.
My guess it's graphic card, but would love to hear what you think.

My PC specification:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. Model M2N68-AM SE2
GeForce 9600
AMD Athlon X2 250 Processor 3.01 GHZ
RAM 4GB
PSU FORTRON BLUE STORM II 400

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
1 - you need to change that power supply cause it could've damaged your graphic card leading to you seeing these weird pictures and artifacts and the cracking clicking sound was there with my old power supply until i got a new power supply.
Thats my opinion you should change power supply and graphic card.-

PSU FORTRON BLUE STORM II 400

Either your GPU is faulty due to VRAM corruption, and/or there is some fault on your Hardware. Most probably the PSU, since this isn't a very high-end unit. Though, the problem might also be somewhere else. Kindly check your GPU on some other PC, IF possible.

Also, I would recommend you swap that PSU model for some other high-quality brand/unit.