crash playing games online

G

Put together an AMD t-bird 900 on a FIC AZ-11 board. mid-tower, 128 mb pc 133 ram, fujitsu 20gig hd @7200 rpm,
Viper II video card, onboard sound , phoebe 56k modem..

Problem is I can play games off line all day without a problem , and I can surf the net all day without a problem . when I go to play games on the net it crashes right away .. LOCKS UP !!!! I have tried everything i can think of.. updated video and modem drivers, direct x 8.0 , moved modem to different slot , different modem, defrag, scandisk, f-disk and reinstall, I am running out of ideas ,,, any help would be appreciated greatly !!!!

Thanks

WYATT-EARP-LAWDOG
(Ben)

G

What server are you using?..may well be a dodgy one..best to use msn zone or some reputable servers

Screw you guys->->->I'm goin home

G

i have tried 2 servers...both of which i have played before with my old computer ... i have tried different games so it isn't the software for the games

G

check to make sure that the sound card and the modem are not sharing IRQs. Do this in start-settings-ctrl panel-system. Also, if the modem is an old legacy ISA, then it would almost certainly need its own IRQ. If not, try the old "PCI shuffle".

<font color=red>=P