CRC error when trying to install

danwanster

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014
I recently bought a far cry 3 code and went to activate it on uplay. Everything was fins and it downloaded no problem but when I try installing it it gets about a quarter of the way and says. CRC error: The file E:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data_win32\worlds\fc3_main.dat doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium for which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

How do I fix this. I am using windows 8.1

Solution
I had similar problems with FC3 on uplay (possibly with the exact same file). If I remember correctly there are features within Uplay to verify files and redownload, try those
The setup is used to extract compressed files from the download of the game.
A CRC error is a check to see if the size of the file that is compressed is the correct size based on a check sum.

It means the file name listed is not of the correct size meaning it has become corrupted and needs to be downloaded again to obtain the correct file size as data is missing from the file.

If the check sum does not equal or match the file size of the file to be uncompressed listed in setup does not match the .cab file then it says corruption has occurred during download of the file or transfer from one medium to another.
An integrity check of a data file or package.

It can be down to, bad memory in a pc also, or when a system is overclocked.
Or a file stored on a hard drive that has known existing read write error problems.
Leading to a corruption of the file in question.

TRENDING THREADS