[SOLVED] Creating a proxy server

Apr 17, 2020
Hi,

I have a list of 1000 proxies that are IP authenticated however I can only use it on one IP at a time. Would it be possible to setup a proxy server on a service such as Google cloud so that I could use user:pass authentication? Maybe it'd be possible to use a Google cloud server, proxy as 89.91.987.104:10000:user:pass to then actually use the real proxy I have which is 81.87.927.104:10000? I have no idea how to do this and I would very much appreciate it if someone could help.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
I am not sure what you real problem is then. It is just a programming effort. If you do not know how to write software...or at least simple scripts you have a long way to go.

There are really good documents on the google site itself on how to setup vm to run proxy and/or vpn. Many people use them to bypass netflix restrictions but this is kinda expensive way to do it. it seems all you are adding is the need to check a userid and password. Best likely would be to run a single central server that has a actual web service on it and then pass it to the proxy but you might be able to put userid/password checks on the scripts you load to each of the vm.

I have only done limited looking at this they have many many hidden costs...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I have a list of 1000 proxies that are IP authenticated however I can only use it on one IP at a time. Would it be possible to setup a proxy server on a service such as Google cloud so that I could use user:pass authentication? Maybe it'd be possible to use a Google cloud server, proxy as 89.91.987.104:10000:user:pass to then actually use the real proxy I have which is 81.87.927.104:10000? I have no idea how to do this and I would very much appreciate it if someone could help.

Thank you!
What legitimate purpose do you have that benefits from 1000 individual proxies. Provide a legitimate use-case or this thread will be closed.

Apr 17, 2020
What legitimate purpose do you have that benefits from 1000 individual proxies. Provide a legitimate use-case or this thread will be closed.

I am looking to sell them to companies that carry out price comparison checks of their competitors and brand protection. I use some of them myself for privacy as well, 1 per device

So you own a block of 1000 ip addresses....I doubt it. This is a service that is provided by many many companies that sell vpn or proxy. If you plan to compete with them you need to know much more than the basic questions you are asking.

If you do not actually own the IP addresses it is likely against the terms of service to resell a service that uses them.

Apr 17, 2020
So you own a block of 1000 ip addresses....I doubt it. This is a service that is provided by many many companies that sell vpn or proxy. If you plan to compete with them you need to know much more than the basic questions you are asking.

If you do not actually own the IP addresses it is likely against the terms of service to resell a service that uses them.
There is nothing against reselling in the TOS, and after contacting support, I am permitted to do so. I am just trying to sell the leftovers that I do not need (minimum block of 1000 IP, of which I am using a few hundred).

I am not sure what you real problem is then. It is just a programming effort. If you do not know how to write software...or at least simple scripts you have a long way to go.

There are really good documents on the google site itself on how to setup vm to run proxy and/or vpn. Many people use them to bypass netflix restrictions but this is kinda expensive way to do it. it seems all you are adding is the need to check a userid and password. Best likely would be to run a single central server that has a actual web service on it and then pass it to the proxy but you might be able to put userid/password checks on the scripts you load to each of the vm.

I have only done limited looking at this they have many many hidden costs even when they make it look cheap.

There are actual forums on the google cloud site.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
This is not a one man job, especially if:
"I have no idea how to do this "

What does your legal team say?
What does your networking team say?
Hardware, load balancers, failover...

Creating a proxy server is different than 'selling' an IP address.