Question Creating proxy on a VPS for ipTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyke69

Reputable
May 22, 2019
Hello, i guess says it all. i want to create proxy for iPTV using VPS. i have done research but unfortunately i could not find a way to achieve it. any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

It depends on what you goal is for using a proxy and what exactly you mean by the term proxy. IPTV is a very big catchall name for a lot of different services. From what I have seen proxies are mostly used to allow say a smart tv to watch content it does not have a native client to watch. It seems it is mostly something you run inside your house not on a some VPS cloud device.

If this is something to bypass a geographical limitation on where you can watch a VPN function running a VPS is going to be simpler than some kind of proprietary proxy.

A VPS is going to be expensive to stream video through. It is pretty easy to get a VPS with a preconfigured VPN or you can easily load one of the many linux based VPN if you wanted to set it up your self. The big problem is cost for the bandwidth. The cpu load is almost nothing so that part is cheap but most these services have limits on how much bandwidth you can use or they charge xxx per gigabyte.

gyke69

Reputable
May 22, 2019
It depends on what you goal is for using a proxy and what exactly you mean by the term proxy. IPTV is a very big catchall name for a lot of different services. From what I have seen proxies are mostly used to allow say a smart tv to watch content it does not have a native client to watch. It seems it is mostly something you run inside your house not on a some VPS cloud device.

If this is something to bypass a geographical limitation on where you can watch a VPN function running a VPS is going to be simpler than some kind of proprietary proxy.

A VPS is going to be expensive to stream video through. It is pretty easy to get a VPS with a preconfigured VPN or you can easily load one of the many linux based VPN if you wanted to set it up your self. The big problem is cost for the bandwidth. The cpu load is almost nothing so that part is cheap but most these services have limits on how much bandwidth you can use or they charge xxx per gigabyte.

Hello there!

Thank you for your answer..

Panel runs in a dedicated server, and Channels are broadcasted via balancers , I want to proxy the balancers so when client connects to a channel they will see the proxy ip not the real ip.

i created proxy using squid proxy but it did not work.

about bandwidth ? yup no worries. i got a server where i can provide unlimited bandwidth.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.