Question CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, now boot device is missing from list

Dec 7, 2019
Hiya,

In June/July this year I upgraded my pc and everything has been working amazingly up until now, I was playing a game and my screen froze while the sounds were still continuing for about 3-5 seconds before I got a BSOD with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

After about 10 seconds my system started rebooting and I got the good old screen saying 'reboot and select proper boot device'

If I ctrl+alt+del I get in the loading screen of my MoBo from where I can enter boot menu, Bios etc.. If I try any option it takes over a minute to load and about half of the time it will freeze instead.

When I entered my bios I noticed that my M.2 was not detected at all, everything seems to be in place properly on my MoBo and I was not running any heavy games or processes at the time of the crash. I can't boot up windows at all as my ssd is not detected and most solutions require windows to be loaded so I'm a bit stuck here.

Anyone has any idea?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit. To add, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS