Critique my Opteron 165 build...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Other than no being able to boot? I don't know! :D Always test immediately after adjusting! Better to be more proactive about it rather than wait around for errors to slow you down. An above poster mentioned memtest86 - run that overnight and you'll know if it's stable. Also, you can run Stress Prime and see if CPU/RAM errors pop up. Increase, then test. Increase, then test. Once you start getting errors adjust the voltage or the divider and test again. If it comes back clean, keep going. If it doesn't, back it down and that's your max. Refer to your CPU and RAM specs - keep an eye on temps and don't over-volt.

Memtest no longer works on my motherboard.. It seems to be incompatible with the AsusA8N32Sli board I have..
I sure don't rely on that any more.. :/

Yey Asus for another craptacular board!

WhyFi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I don't think that you're going to find to many boards that officially do... but as long as your board supports dual-core 939s, you'll be cool.