Crossfire on Nforce4! How is it possible?

jbblanchet

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
After reading the article on the Falcon NW yesterday on Tom's, I decided to have a look at their website. I was flaggerbasted to find that they offer a crossfire configuration on a nForce4 board. How is it possible? Do I need special drivers to do this? Will it work on a nForce5 590 board?

Thanks.

Jibs

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
After reading the article on the Falcon NW yesterday on Tom's, I decided to have a look at their website. I was flaggerbasted to find that they offer a crossfire configuration on a nForce4 board. How is it possible? Do I need special drivers to do this? Will it work on a nForce5 590 board?

Thanks.

Jibs

i doubt they are really offering crossfire on an an nforce board what you are probably seeing is that you can just option for a crossfire setup in their customize or configure your pc, if you would call them (which you definitely should if you really plan on getting one of their pc) they would not sell you an nforce board with dual ATi graphic cards, although it is possible no major vendor would sell it that way, just think of how pissed nvidia would be or ATi

kryojenix

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
No seriously, do you guys have detailed information on exactly how ATi Crossfire can be run on an nForce SLi board?

I'm hoping to build a socket AM2 system next year (if they shape up to be decent), and I'm favouring all the features of the nForce 590 SLi chipset for my mainboard over and above the Crossfire Xpress 3200.

However, I'd definitely prefer to stick to ATi Graphics cards, so I'd love to see more credible and documented examples of Crossfire being made to run on a non-Crossfire board (and specifically in an nVidia SLi chipset board).

Hacked drivers nervewracks me right away from the idea of doing this, though. Is it just hacked graphics card drivers that you need? Or mainboard/chipset/other drivers and software as well?

Anyone got any info or links?

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
You all should stop playing tease the new person :p hehehehe they are jokeing the ATI crossfire drivers you download from ATI will allow crossfire on ANY SLI or Crossfire mobo.... no hacks no tricks nothing to kill your warrenty :) have fun now and dont be surprised to see Nvidia pull a simular move in the future :twisted: