Question Crossfire RX 470s

boiboy263

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
hmm
i have a 550w FSP psu and i'm really really want to increase my rig a little bit, i think i will crossfire 2 RX470, which i owned one and gonna buy 1 more btw
but first, could anyone tell me that can my psu handle 2 RX470 ?
my spec:
i5 2500k
8gb of 1333 ram
1 hdd 220gb 7200rpm of wd
1 hdd 500gb 4800rpm of wd too
Sapphire RX470 nitro
thanks for replying !

WildCard999

Titan
Which model FSP?

I think it's going to be cutting it close power wise but if it's a good quality unit then it would probably be ok.

I highly recommend before investing into a second GPU making sure the games you play will actually scale well as most games nowadays don't and you may actually see worse performance with two GPU's then a single GPU.

DSzymborski

Titan
my psu is FSP saga 550w and about 2 rx470 that im saying, in theory, they use 175w, will it ok ?
thanks for replyin, mates :^)

I absolutely would not. That is an ancient, basic PSU and only has 412W on the +12V rail. While you may theoretically have just enough power -- some RX 470s go over just 140-145W at peak -- this is not a PSU I'd be pushing any more than I currently am. It's either time to upgrade the PSU or to simply ditch the idea of going multi-GPU. Pushing a decade old, cheap PSU is not something that tends to be a good idea.

To be honest, multi-GPU solutions are fairly terrible and you'll almost certainly do better with a single, better GPU and selling the old RX 470.